No announcement yet.

The New New New Xbox Experience Halo4 Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, gang. I think the fun is over. Many of you pointed out that the Golden Lancer for Gears of War 2 is now either 99999 points or won't download. I tried to cue it up again and got the can't-download notice. Then the lancer was stripped from my hard drive. But I showed them!!! I put it on a memory unit before logging…

If you want it, get it before they fix it. Just bought and downloaded Banjo Kazooie.
    Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 22-11-2008, 18:28.

Comment

That link is for a COD WAW rifle?

Comment

Fixed, sorry about that. I must have copied it by mistake. The only one i can't download is the Left 4 Dead demo. I even tried it with a us account. I think they're checking your ip for stuff now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sane View Post
          I like the update, it has good things and bad things and to me the good greatly outweigh the bad.
          The installs make this update more than worth it. Playing the 360 is more enjoyable without the jet turbine. And the party chat is nice.

I'm definitely glad they've done it. Despite the focus on SpotLight (which won't change anytime I imagine, don't forget the XBox project was about getting media pumped directly in to the living room) and the general grey-ness of the interface, there's a lot to like.

Again I have to say though, I wish they'd made the avatars more varied and aimed at their demographic more. You should be able to pick from a wide range of game outfits - based on games you've paid for, you shouldn't have to pay more for the outfits once you own the game - and then set your avatar's "mood". The generic animations will get old fast.

The smiling avatars looks like the cheesy piss-take grins you see in South Park

Comment

I'm really not used to the new layout of everything yet. I was searching for ages to find the bit to redeem codes for points etc. I can't find them on the main menu, but managed to find it off the guide button eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
              http://kotaku.com/5096635/%5Bupdated...bl-via-the-web

If you want it, get it before they fix it. Just bought and downloaded Banjo Kazooie.

Cheers!
              Downloading now

Comment

Just tried it now, the xbla port of Banjo is a sight to behold. I'm playing it upscaled on 1080p, so vibrant, sharp and not a jaggie (no pun intended) in sight. It also sounds crisp and clear too, the font is lovely too. Absolutly fantastic port.
                Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 22-11-2008, 19:28.

Comment

Wahoo. RROD. Great

(may, or may not be related to the NXE, but lets just say I haven't had one of these prior to the update, and now I've had several this week but this one seems to have been terminal)

Comment

Just got Banjo. Thanks very much!

Comment

So tempted by Banjo but I've only got 1210 points left and was hoping to use for SSF2THDR next week and can't afford more points until next month.

Decisions, decisions...

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
                        Wahoo. RROD. Great

(may, or may not be related to the NXE, but lets just say I haven't had one of these prior to the update, and now I've had several this week but this one seems to have been terminal)
                        Fixed. Just got back from ASDA with a new 360

Comment

Banjo in that link is 99999 points now lol , I guess it will still that when until Dec 3rd which is the new official release date.

I got it when it was 1200 though so thanks for the heads up, a mighty fine game it is too.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
                            Wahoo. RROD. Great

I got the RROD a few hours ago too, was playing Left 4 Dead and the 360 just froze. Turned it off, the back on again and there was the RROD to greet. Waited a couple of minutes then turned the 360 back on again and everything was fine. Never had a problem like this until I upgraded to the new dash

I think it is time for a new 360!

Comment

i love my 360 but the very first time i plugged it in i had a RROD but never had the problem again , alway a little worried its just gonna die on me one day , very weak machine

Comment

i am still not convinced that this is an overall improvement. too much advertising, heavy load times and also less customization than before (anyone managed to get rid of the floor or found a way to make it transparent to make way for the theme?). the remaining x-guide blade menu looks poor and doesn't fit at all into the new dashboard. dashboard description and button text is presented partly in German and English and leaves the impression of a rushed job.

Comment

Working...
                                X