The New New New Xbox Experience Halo4 Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uli View Post
    someone found any customization option other than changing the wallpaper? most of all, what's the point of a background theme if half of it gets covered by a grey floor?
    There are no options. What's the point of a theme if half of it gets cut off? I dunno, choose a background picture that only has a top half, or something.

It's easy enough to work around/pointless enough to not matter!

Comment

It's cuts off the bottom of the backdrop on mine and the top so that it highlights and frames Marcus Fenix's steroid induced man boobs

Comment

Is there anyway to make my xbox turn on when I queue up stuff at work? It looks like I'd need to leave it turned on

Comment

not at all, maybe they can add a standby mode in a later update.

Comment

Dunno if this has been posted already but there is a little secret to unlock more hair colours

Comment

Has anyone noticed their machine taking aaaaages to shut down since the update? When I turn it off with the power button it behaves like it's going into download standby, i.e. it appears to turn off but the fans stay running and the centre of the power button blinks. It takes 5-10 seconds to switch off completely.

I've also started using HDMI in the last couple of days so it could also be related to that. Seems strange either way.

Comment

I noticed the same last night but it could be a good thing giving the 360 a little longer to cool down properly before turning off.

Comment

yeah mine does that as well, odd.

Comment

A friend of mine has finally gone online with his xbox and says he can't get on xbox live as it requires him to download a patch to get it which you need to own a hard drive to down load, is that really the case? Can those who bought one of the original economy boxes now not even get on live without a hard drive after this update? Or is he being a plum?

Comment

yeah you need a storage device either a memory card or a hard drive

MS were offering 20gb hds for a discounted price and cheapie mem cards as well

Comment

Put your serial number into http://www.xboxstorageupgrade.com/ and they'll tell you what deals you can get on storage devices. Core owners get either a free 512Meg memory card or a hard drive for ?12.99, AFAIK.

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos View Post
                          A friend of mine has finally gone online with his xbox and says he can't get on xbox live as it requires him to download a patch to get it which you need to own a hard drive to down load, is that really the case? Can those who bought one of the original economy boxes now not even get on live without a hard drive after this update? Or is he being a plum?
                          Originally posted by JamesS View Post
                          Put your serial number into http://www.xboxstorageupgrade.com/ and they'll tell you what deals you can get on storage devices. Core owners get either a free 512Meg memory card or a hard drive for ?12.99, AFAIK.
                          The funny thing is, once the NXE is installed you can run the console without the storage device attached, which makes sense, but I haven't had a good look around to see what features you lose without it.

Comment

Avatar support and some of the media extensions I think. The media stuff is nothing crucial, just stuff like DivX support.

Comment

So I queued up loads of stuff at work yesterday (SF2 included) then got home and switched on my 360... left it a few hours as I couldn't actually play at the time... then when I did have time I checked my downloads and.... DIDN'T WORK The items that I had queued up were there but they said "Downloaded to another console".

What the deuce? How can I re-sync my online/web account with the 360?

Comment

I thought it would just download it to the machine the gamertag was in

Comment

Working...
                                X