The New New New Xbox Experience Halo4 Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
    Apparently there are recognisable improvements noted by elite users/those with the 120GB drives over someone with only a 60 or a 20GB one, I suppose though that that is to be expected.
    The 20Gb drives are notoriously slow. If that post about Halo 3 on the Bungie blog is anything to go by they may actually be slower than the DVD drive running at full speed. Since they were originally intended for saves and DLC only they probably bought cheap and nasty ones to scrimp a few pennies per machine. The newer models are all much faster.

Comment

Higher density of the larger drives = better speed.

Comment

I noticed something really silly with the install. (If it hasn't already been mentioned)

I have had to send my Elite back for repair and got myself an arcade to fill in the time. When you plug your hard drive into the new console, you can't play games off the hard drive. You have to delete the game and then reinstall it as it has to match 360 and Hard Drive, even if you are on LIVE.

An annoying niggle there.

Comment

Others have complained about this as well. It's for security reasons I guess.

Comment

Some (free) winter clobber up for Avatars now.

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
              I noticed something really silly with the install. (If it hasn't already been mentioned)

I have had to send my Elite back for repair and got myself an arcade to fill in the time. When you plug your hard drive into the new console, you can't play games off the hard drive. You have to delete the game and then reinstall it as it has to match 360 and Hard Drive, even if you are on LIVE.

An annoying niggle there.
              Aw man F.F.S .

I was planning on going out and grabbing an arcade for my bedroom and using the H.D from my Elite on it when I knew I'd be having the chance to have a lazy lye in. Nuts to that then eh .

Comment

Does anyone else think that fifa 09 takes ages to load when it's installed? I'v ended up just playing mine of the disc as I'm sure it's much faster.

Comment

During the preview and even now it's live, I've found myself using the Marketplace a lot less since the introduction of the NXE. I preferred the old text based presentation of the Marketplace, it was quicker and easier to browse and I miss being able to see the rounded size of content without having to go into the item's details, which displays the exact size, like you now have to do.

How are you getting on with the NXE and new look Marketplace?

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
                  even if you are on LIVE.
                  That wouldn't matter anyway, because the Gamertag doesn't get a license like it does for DRM based Marketplace content.

Comment

Anyone know if this has been officially released yet for those without Internet access?

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                      Anyone know if this has been officially released yet for those without Internet access?
                      Yep it has

http://download.microsoft.com/download/D/1/8/D181EE58-DE70-4484-936B-0E9161CCD6B2/$SystemUpdate_Fall08.zip

Comment

Excellent, thanks

Comment

I have to say that I hate the NXE. It's slow and broken.

I've been trying to download a demo for the last three days and every time it cancels at 98%. Half the time I get a message saying "most of the marketplace is currently unavailable". The update is a pile of useless bloat.

Comment

I could either take it or leave it but I'm starting to get really annoyed with the interface. What's the point in having that scroll up and down menu thing, when you can only see up? i.e. if you scroll down, it's blind, but up you can see what's coming. Although even that's crap because it fades out and smaller up the list. Why not just have a damn list? It's only 5 or 6 things long at the top level. Gah.

Even the windows start menu is better and quicker than this.

Comment

I said it pages back but I despise it, the only thing that I play that really benefits from an install is Rock Band 2 and the whole thing is typical Microsoft bloatware.

I've been going far less often into the marketplace as find is such a lousy piece of software to use.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
                                I have to say that I hate the NXE. It's slow and broken.

I've been trying to download a demo for the last three days and every time it cancels at 98%. Half the time I get a message saying "most of the marketplace is currently unavailable". The update is a pile of useless bloat.
                                Unfortunately I'm starting to come to the same conclusion. I did used to like it, but now I can't get into my games library in under a few minutes, can't get any of my friends lists to come up.

I use the Quick Guide more now, and infact, the Quick Launch seems to be the only way I can reasonably start XBLA games up.

Comment

Working...
                                X