The New New New Xbox Experience Halo4 Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Although it looks lovely, I find it a little frustrating waiting to see what games my friends are playing while it loads up the cover image and their avatar.
    I agree the new 'friends' tab is functionally next to useless. The only advantage to it is seeing who's in a party with who. Other than that I just stick to using the regular friends list in the guide.

Something else that's irking me about this update is that now, if you select 'message' or 'private chat' from someone's gamercard, you need to go through a list of friends and reselect them. It's alright if you want to send to multiple people but if it's just one person it's an unnecessary additional step to the process.

Comment

I just don't get on with this update at all. I get on average 1 freeze per day, it's too slow and I think the marketplace is very difficult to find your way around in.

Even the hard drive installs are flawed. Sometimes some audio will stick a little when playing from the hard drive. I thought it was just me, but some browsing of other forums confirms that it is more widespread.

Give me back the old one!

Comment

I've got a 360 with the old dashboard on it. Yours for $1,000,000

Comment

Even the hard drive installs are flawed. Sometimes some audio will stick a little when playing from the hard drive.

it did that with me even before installing to the harddrive

Comment

I never used the old dashboard but this one is tricky for me to navigate compared to the XMB of the PS3. The crap D-Pad doesn't help either. My kids enjoyed making their Avatars though!

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
              FREE Gears of War 2 Premium Themes

Anyone download those free Gears 2 themes ("Bare Your Teeth" & "Hope Runs Deep") that were made available during the GDC and E3 shows?

If you did, then find them in your download history and you'll get the new NXE-friendly versions (worth 250 spacebucks) when you choose to download them again.
              OK I give in. Where has the Download History moved? I'm serious. I can't find it

Comment

Out of interest, but for those who are experiencing "issues" with the NXE and games that load from HDD - what size HDD do you have?

Apparently there are recognisable improvements noted by elite users/those with the 120GB drives over someone with only a 60 or a 20GB one, I suppose though that that is to be expected.

Comment

Download History:

My Xbox, then go to the blade with your avatar on it and choose Manage Account.

I don't think I've played a game from disc since the dash came out. Mirrors's Edge has no loading pauses when you run it from the HDD.

Comment

Thanks Kubrick, will check that out tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                      Even the hard drive installs are flawed. Sometimes some audio will stick a little when playing from the hard drive.

it did that with me even before installing to the harddrive
                      Yep, can confirm this. I had a complete hang playing Viva Pinata - decided to check out a Ruffian's info in the encyclopedia and it just froze. Completely.

Serves me right for playing such an old game perhaps.

Comment

I haven't had any problems with the new dash yet. I like it

Comment

Had a work meeting and a chap from Microsoft came along to show us the new dash (?? Sorry mate, I've been using it for a week) and "You're in the Movies".

I asked about the possibility of them allowing you to choose what channel the machine starts on when you boot and he said at present they want to keep it on the Spotlight channel

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post

I asked about the possibility of them allowing you to choose what channel the machine starts on when you boot and he said at present they want to keep it on the Spotlight channel
                            Don't see why this is any sort of problem takes only a second to get to the channel you want anyway

Comment

Aye, just push up, or even better pull the right trigger, and you go straight to My XBox. It's quicker now to start a game than pushing down though the blade options.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                                Could you not just unplug the ethernet cable? Stop them bastards trying to advertise!

Comment

Working...
                                X