The New New New Xbox Experience Halo4 Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
    The Pins thing is rubbish. They've completely missed the point of what people were requesting.

I wanted: Ability to customise the homepage with the bits of the 360 I use. Games, demos, link to my PC.
    I got: Ability to add individual items to a folder not on the homepage

You can't add the Demos section to Pins, you add one single demo. What's the point in that? They got it so right with Windows Mobile 7, I don't understand why they are being different when the two systems are based on the same tile concept!
    ^^ All of this QFT. Plus the amount of time it takes to actually display the pins makes it quicker to just fire up the blades and go straight there. A massive wasted opportunity and a massive waste of resource time. The Beta forums were awash with thousands of people saying the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      How do I uninstall the dash? It puts me online for a sec after I try and download it.
      It's either highlight your HDD in the settings and press
      X,LB,RB,X,LB,RB,X

Or highlight the hdd choose the Y option then press X,LB,RB,X,LB,RB,X

Also, the pins are useless. They would be handy if they didn't take 30 seconds to load

Comment

Everything is magically working again now, so I didn't need to perform the idspispopd move

The secret was to keep trying for 20 times without clearing the cache.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
          Surely MS is responsible in some way for correcting this? Or is there small print which says that if they release an update, and it borks someone's hardware, they're not responsible.
          Even if MS does say that in the small print of the EULA, it's not legally binding in the UK and a UK judge would likely chuck it out in a court of law and label MS as an arse. The best part of the new EULA was that if you don't tell them of a payment error in 90 days, MS don't have to refund you. Last time I checked MS theft was a crime and I'll gladly have MS employees arrested if that happened to me.

New dash is little better than the last one, I've managed to find a soft hang bug and one that renders the dash unable to play games from disc.

Also why is the play game disc icon even smaller now!!!

Soft hang issue seems to be related to connecting to live via the master sign in page, that's the one that appears if you don't have a account set to auto sign in. Oh and disconnect from live straight after ejecting a active game from the CD tray, before the dash appears, can cause the disc tray icon to disappear from the menu!! Lol MS you really need to test your dash better.
          Last edited by S3M; 27-10-2012, 16:58.

Comment

Just incredible how MS are still trying to claim that only the item in the bottom right is an advert.

The vast Halo4 countdown that has been greeting me every login for ages now IS an advert - seriously, just let Live be half price now that it's covered in adverts.

Comment

Your playing on Microsoft Xbox 360.
              Logged onto Xbox Live which you have subscribed to.
              Halo 4 is biggest game this year and a 1st party game
              If they could get away with streaming the ad everytime you powered on your Xbox they would.
              I though DNS trickery got rid of ads?

Comment

If you use openDNS and set up a blocklist yes.

Comment

Agreed, I've set my box to boot directly to the disc now. Outside the occasional XBLA purchase, the dashboard has nothing to offer me.

Comment

LOL. Halo 4 is now the enitre Dashboard.

I asked Lucy what she thought all the things on the dash were (before today's giant Halo4 takeover). She said they are all adverts. Ting.
                    I then asked her how to play a game (I had Dirt3 disc in). She had no idea. She could not figure it out and when I pointed it out... "that's daft".

Comment

LOL. Halo 4 is now the enitre Dashboard.

I asked Lucy what she thought all the things on the dash were (before today's giant Halo4 takeover). She said they are all adverts. Ting.
                      I then asked her how to play a game (I had Dirt3 disc in). She had no idea. She could not figure it out and when I pointed it out... "that's daft".

Comment

Would someone be so kind as to list what features DON'T require a gold account. BBC iplayer worked for me, but 4od didn't, which stopped me trying any further apps.

Comment

Finally got round to setting up my Xbox again and so have now updated from the original dash at last.... Only had a brief look around it and it seems okay, though my initial thoughts were that I preferred the relative simplicity (by comparison) of the XMB. Last player met online: 1700 days ago, though I did last have it on for the release of Alan Wake and I've still been paying for Live ever since! Was pleasantly surprised that my Live Pts hadn't been annulled, so downloaded Minecraft for my 6 year old and as a result the console will probably be used a fair bit for a while. Continuing off-topic slightly, if I withdraw my Gold subscription is my Live Tag still protected with a Silver Account?

Comment

Originally posted by acidbearboy View Post
                            Would someone be so kind as to list what features DON'T require a gold account. BBC iplayer worked for me, but 4od didn't, which stopped me trying any further apps.
                            I've tried most of them with a Silver account, and the iPlayer is the only one that (currently) works with it. Sad I know.

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Comment

I think this is one of the reasons that the iPlayer took so long to come to the 360.

The BBC didn't want Microsoft to charge for content that was available for free through other methods.

I guess that's why it's the only one that's free, but the others are paid-only content.

I miss YouTube and quite often want to pop on and watch some cats falling over or people throwing frisbees from bridges.

Comment

Has anyone else found a fix for the missing offline icons? Does anyone not have the problem?

MS reps on twitter said I should re-install the dash update (which I'm not entirely sure how to do - it's on there, so it's not like it pops up the message "time to update" again).

Loaded the 360 up today after a while of not playing, and frankly the wall of grey icons is enough to make me put it off again. There's no joy in browsing my collection. It's just a wall of solid grey indistinctness.

Comment

Working...
                                X