No announcement yet.

3 10s in a row (and an 11) aka "I'm loving gaming right now"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished Alan Wake, ploughing through Mario Galaxy 2 now after forcing myself to pay it attention, bought Dragon Quest IX today. I've played more in the last 3 weeks than in the 2 months before it!

Crackdown 2 will be started when my new Xbox arrives from M$.

I am actually enjoying gaming at a time of year when I usually couldn't be arsed.

I'm also considering picking up a (truly mint) preowned blue PSP 3000 for some handheld action. Parappa and Killzone are both ?3 at work and the 3000 feels a little nicer to hold than my 2000.

I'm with Charles on this. It's probably to do with a lot of the work related stuff I've been dealing with getting much better that I want to play games and enjoy my hobby again.

Comment

I've not gamed much these last few months (I seldom do in summer) and while I care little for actual scores I have to agree that, what with Bayonetta, Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption and Mario Galaxy 2 all treading glittering ground, 2010 is already a fabulous year as far as gaming in concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
        pretentious and average at best, for my money.
        For your money?

You didn't even buy the game, so I don't see how you are in a position to disagree with the people who did play it beyond the demo section.

Comment

Great year for gaming. I've been more selective with my purchases this year, yet my 'pile of shame' is bigger than ever! You know it's an amazing year when you've barely touched Mario Galaxy 2!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            For your money?

You didn't even buy the game, so I don't see how you are in a position to disagree with the people who did play it beyond the demo section.
            just a turn of phrase, I should have gone for the forum standard of IMHO.

I don't think gaming is in bad shape, for me the total highlight is in finding an unexpected gem you totally ignored and knew nothing about, Mass Effect 2 hit me recently as I tried the demo and I was totally hooked, on my second play through of it now, bought all dlc, scanned every planet, have ordered ME1 (and Dragon Age). Last Bioware game I played was KOTOR and I hated it so this was a total surprise.

Also Modnation Racers was my 3rd choice racer of the 3 in May but the other 2 have both gone and its got a place in my heart that Mario Kart used to occupy.

Its looking for me like the way to get maximum enjoyment from gaming is to ignore the headlines and preview sections of websites and play stuff fresh when it comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
              Its looking for me like the way to get maximum enjoyment from gaming is to ignore the headlines and preview sections of websites and play stuff fresh when it comes out.
              Yeah, I like using the First Play summary on the www.ntsc-uk.com homepage to see what's coming through that I might have missed. If I like the look of something, I'll check the first few comments to see if it's my bag and then ignore the thread until I've had time to play it for a while. I tend not to visit other sites in case of spoilers, but I'll watch trailer videos - a bit of a contradiction, but snippets of video doesn't seem to give as much away as people talking.

Comment

I see screens and early information and decide instantly whether I want it or not. Then at release I get a general consensus from impressions/reviews (Never reading them fully) and add it to my wishlist if necessary. Then I pick it up down the line for no more than £15.

A few exceptions this year (GOW3, MNR, RDR and SSF4) but other than that I'm playing 2009 games at the latest.

Agree with the general feeling in the thread though, I'm enjoying my gaming right now more than I ever have.

Comment

Well, my pile of games that are still to be opened or played has grown to to small piles of late.........

Having just completed GTA4: The Ballad of Gay Tony, I moved onto Red Dead Redemption last night and was blown away........ A brilliant transition from one to the other for me, which I did not plan, but it doesnt half show the natural progression of the genre from the point of view of the same developer.

Im lovin my games at the moment for sure, although I don't get to play newer games at launch - when i eventually get around to playing them, it always puts a smile on my face!

Comment

I love that I've rarely played more that one game out of the Top 10 games of the year, sometimes none! In 2010 SMG2 will be that game I imagine.

Comment

Yes.

There is so much to play at the minute in what has to be one of the best years for gaming ever.

And I recently downloaded that Limbo, too. And it's excellent. I got burnt by Braid a while back (which I thought was a hugely overrated, obnoxiously pretentious glorified flash game), but Limbo really is the business. It's also one of the best looking games I've ever seen (up there with Demon Blade).

Good times...

Comment

Working...
                      X