No announcement yet.

The Definitive Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

devil may cry ps2, pal was a really bad conversion, so the usa or jpn version would be the better version to buy and have nicer boxart.

devil may cry 2 & 3 jpn version to get as it has selectable english language option and nice boxart.

silent hill 2 & 3 & 4

import version because again selectable english language and it running at 60hz over the pal editions which didn't include an 60hz option ?
    silent hill 2 pal had a special edition which had a disc with interviews of people who created the game

Comment

Originally posted by wod
      devil may cry 2 & 3 jpn version to get as it has selectable english language option and nice boxart.
      A little expansion on DMC3 actually, the US game supposedly had a tweaked difficulty setting. Messing with this is a big no-no to many people, myself included, so this time, players may wish to stay clear of the US game.
      PAL version has 60Hz mode, as does PAL DMC2.

Comment

I have the NTSC version of ICO. Is it really worth me buying the PAL version?

Comment

Late to this thread.
          I must agree with Bcass on the DC vs GC versions of Ikaruga - DC is the king.

Comment

Originally posted by mcarocks2003
            I have the NTSC version of ICO. Is it really worth me buying the PAL version?
            It depends how much you want to pay the price that the PAL version of ICO goes for nowadays . The extra bits are nice to have, but not really essential (apart from the omission of the two player mode in the US version - I'm fairly sure this is missing, anyway).
            Last edited by stoofle; 01-10-2005, 12:45. Reason: re-read the thread

Comment

Originally posted by Sony Fanboy
              R-Type Final PAL vs NTSC/J
              PAL version has increased brightness - generally makes it easier to see background details.
              However, the PAL version is missing the vital clues you need to actually get all the ships:

On the back of the inlay there should be some clues as to the codes for the 4 ships that require passcodes to unlock - these are missing on the PAL version

As this means you cannot 100% the PAL version (without looking at a FAQ) I'd say it's the worst version

Comment

Originally posted by ElAlcesDiablo
                Could anyone do P.N.03 please?
                I've heard there's various differences between us and jap, I just don't know what any of them are...
                Too late, but maybe that can be useful for someone.

Japanese version has conversations between Vanessa and the client in Japanese language. Descriptions of suits , power-up are in japanese too.
                The game is fully playable in japanese, the menus are in english. Plus it have a VJoe video, and to unlock the Papillon (If I remember correctly)suit (which is the last suit for Vanessa) you only need to finish the game 2 times.

In the USA/Euro Version, you have to finish all the trial missions in Professionnal Rank. It is really hard to do.

SoulCalibur 2 Japanese version doesn't have Assassin, Berserker and LizardMan as playable characters, and japanese voices for all characters. The menus are in English, and description and Weapon Master mode are in japanese.

Astro Boy GBA Differences between JPN and USA/Euro version. Sorry if this has been already written. It is taken from GameFaqs.

a. The NA release has language settings. The languages are:
                English
                French
                Italian
                German
                Spanish
                Japanese
                b. Additional bonuses at the end of the stage.
                c. New enemies. (Giant squid, jetpack flunky, propeller flunky, etc.)
                d. Better stage design.
                - In stage 3-3 of the Japanese version, there are no enemies.
                In the NA release, they added some enemies.
                - They also improved the shooting stages by adding some traps
                in the form of indestructible mines.
                - The developers divided the Japanese stage 8-1 into two stages.
                The original stage was too long and probably more difficult.
                - You can't keep on flying during the Great Pyramid stage.
                e. You can change between Birth and Rebirth in the stage select
                screen. They also have separate high score records for them.
                f. Stage 0-3 is now included in the high score records.
                g. A new difficulty setting.
                Japanese normal = NA easy
                Japanese hard = NA normal
                ? = NA hard
                h. Solved most of the slowdowns experienced in the Japanese release.
                i. Better graphical effects.
                - A dandy boss life meter at the bottom of the screen.
                - New drawings when Pook transforms.
                j. You can now meet Jetter Mars even if you have finished the
                events related to stage 0-3.
                k. Some trivial changes
                - They changed the order of the characters in the character list.
                - The event test now gives you a hint in which stage an event occurs.
                Unfortunately, some entries are misleading...
                - The traffic robot changed from a "GO" sign to a traffic light.

Oh and I have 2 things to specify.
                Super Smash Bros Melee versions are not identical. The Pal Version has not the "how to play" videos with combos showing Peach, Donkey Kong etc. in action. It has only one "how to play" video with Mario. I don't know if it is in the japanese version, but I'm sure it is in the US Version.

Rez versions are not identical either. The Dreamcast version runs in 30 fps and the PS2 Version runs in 60 fps.
                Last edited by MadMarc; 05-10-2005, 22:35.

Comment

Power Stone 1 & 2

This is my first post in the NTSC-uk.com forums (though I've been reading them for a long time) so greetings to everyone!

Now, could someone post a comparison for Power Stone 1 & 2? Also, are the japanese releases import-friendly (I believe Power Stone 2 could be especially hard for those who don't understand japanese, because of item buying / creation)?

Thanks for any help with this!

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros
                    This is my first post in the NTSC-uk.com forums (though I've been reading them for a long time) so greetings to everyone!

Now, could someone post a comparison for Power Stone 1 & 2? Also, are the japanese releases import-friendly (I believe Power Stone 2 could be especially hard for those who don't understand japanese, because of item buying / creation)?

Thanks for any help with this!
                    Powerstone.
                    The PAL version of this is 50hz only.
                    The menus are pretty stright forward so I'd say the Japanese Version is the one to get here.

Powerstone 2.
                    In the Jap version the menus are completely in Japanese, this includes the shop and options menu. The in-game voices and text are all in english though.
                    The Pal version has a 60hz option and you get to understand what youre doing in the menus. So get the PAL version.
                    Last edited by rmoxon; 18-12-2005, 19:53.

Comment

with regards to the first post about Ico, the normal edition (sans slip case and postcase) is the more limited edition as there were more 'limited' edition slip case versions made AFAIK

its just a note, the slip case is still the definitive version

Comment

Originally posted by wod
                        silent hill 2 & 3 & 4

import version because again selectable english language and it running at 60hz over the pal editions which didn't include an 60hz option ?
                        silent hill 2 pal had a special edition which had a disc with interviews of people who created the game
                        I don't have it to hand, but I believe that Silent Hill 3 (and maybe 4?) had a 60Hz, mode, thus being equivalent to any other version.

Comment

No More Heroes:

US: More close to Suda 51's vision for the game.

EU/JPN: Is censored, been scrubbed clean of blood.

Winner: US version

Comment

Working...
                          X