No announcement yet.

The Definitive Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how can you say that the art of one release is better than another and call that definitive ? surely that is open to interpretation and opinion ?

Comment

Can you please keep this thread going until Nintendo get round to releasing F-Zero and Viewtiful Joe over here in the UK + let me know whether to import the US version or buy PAL?

(I've banned myself from buying games - waiting for Christmas...)

Comment

Originally posted by phillai
        How does the Xbox version of Silent Hill 2 compare to the Jap PS2 version of Silent Hill 2: Saigo no Uta which I've got?
        No idea, haven't checked them out myself. Does the Jap version have the extra scenerio?

Comment

Great thread.
          In regards to Metroid Prime, does the PAL release support prog scan?
          To me, VGA and 50/60 support are quite critical issues.

Comment

Originally posted by ElAlcesDiablo
            Great thread.
            In regards to Metroid Prime, does the PAL release support prog scan?
            To me, VGA and 50/60 support are quite critical issues.
            no prog scan on pal Metroid prime.

I'm pretty certain there is no prog scan on any pal GCN game.

pal Xbox doesn't support prog scan either, without hackery.

pal PS2 does for about 4 games...

Comment

PAL Godzilla DAMM has prog scan support.
              Thats the only one I know of but I've not tried many PAL gc games.
              I kinda suspect Wind Waker does but I don't know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ElAlcesDiablo
                PAL Godzilla DAMM has prog scan support.
                Thats the only one I know of but I've not tried many PAL gc games.
                I kinda suspect Wind Waker does but I don't know for sure.
                with a pal cube, or freeloader?

Comment

us cube + freeloader.

Comment

Max M Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2:56 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Metroid Prime

Not only do the Japanese and European versions feature an increased difficulty level, but they also include new special effects, improved animation and more cut scenes (including a cinematic sequence for the grappling beam) not featured in the US version. The US version also lacks the voice-overs you'll hear at certain points, such as when Samus opens doors and during the game's introduction where her spaceship lands. Finally, load times have been made shorter in the Euro/Jap editions, but they require a couple more memory blocks. The Japanese version has the nicest boxart, but the Euro and US designs are by no means bad. Text-wise, it would be easy enough to play through the Japanese version, but you'd miss out on some of the more interesting details about the game world and the enemies who you can identify using your scanner.

Winner - PAL version
                    How can the single version which does not support progressive scan be the winner?

Comment

I hate PAL stuff honest!
                      But the UK PAL Saturn Bomberman is suppose to be the best...
                      Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe UK PAL version is the only version that has the 10 player battle mode!!!

Comment

Originally posted by phillai
                        I hate PAL stuff honest!
                        But the UK PAL Saturn Bomberman is suppose to be the best...
                        Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe UK PAL version is the only version that has the 10 player battle mode!!!
                        You're wrong mate, Its in the Jpn version as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikman
                          Max M Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2:56 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Metroid Prime

Not only do the Japanese and European versions feature an increased difficulty level, but they also include new special effects, improved animation and more cut scenes (including a cinematic sequence for the grappling beam) not featured in the US version. The US version also lacks the voice-overs you'll hear at certain points, such as when Samus opens doors and during the game's introduction where her spaceship lands. Finally, load times have been made shorter in the Euro/Jap editions, but they require a couple more memory blocks. The Japanese version has the nicest boxart, but the Euro and US designs are by no means bad. Text-wise, it would be easy enough to play through the Japanese version, but you'd miss out on some of the more interesting details about the game world and the enemies who you can identify using your scanner.

Winner - PAL version
                          How can the single version which does not support progressive scan be the winner?
                          Answer: it can't.

All those so-called 'addition's to the PAL version add nothing extra to the extrience IMO. Certainly, Progressive Scan will have a greater effect on your gameplay experience than some very minor adjustments.

Comment

And who, pray tell, in this country is going to see that difference? Answer: very few people!
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

It would have to be joint PAL and US versions then, for the extra cut scenes/voice overs and prog scan.

/smug I have both

wondered about getting the jpn version, but if theres no English text theres no point now, cheers for the info.

Comment

Mayhem Posted: Thu Oct 02, 3:56 pm

And who, pray tell, in this country is going to see that difference? Answer: very few people!
                                That's not the point though...

the original 'Mona Lisa' is seen by very few people but is unquestionably superior to the prints that so many of us have seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X