Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The last game you finished & was it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change mine to MGS2 Substance, got it on the cheap for XBox. There's so much to do in that game!

Comment

Wario Ware Inc - I know it's not the kind of game that should be 'completed' but I have finished it and unlocked most of the mini games but I felt completely underwhelmed. It's overrated IMO.

Comment

Ico and GBA Hamtaro for me.

I was very late in turning up to the Ico party, hell I only played it about 6 months ago for the 1st time. I had been playing it at every opportunity when I was on dinner at work and it is wonderful.

Originally posted by spoiler
        Being able to control Yorda on the replay of the game and the strange ending made it really worthwhile I reckon.
        As for Hamtaro, I was just happy that I am able to play all the way through a Nintendo game and complete it. Haven't been able to do this since Pikmin, I think. Lovely little game, if you haven't played it then it is highly reccomended.

Comment

Maximo versus The Army of Zin for me. Finished it yesterday and it was indeed worth it.

Superb little game, if on the short side.

Comment

Originally posted by ryodi
            Wario Ware Inc - I know it's not the kind of game that should be 'completed' but I have finished it and unlocked most of the mini games but I felt completely underwhelmed. It's overrated IMO.
            WW is not a game you 'complete'. It's all about improving your scores. You can't complete Wario Ware in the same way you can't complete Space Invaders. If anything, you 'complete' Wario Ware once you've unlocked EVERYTHING. If you were just expecting to race through the game and see some epic, end sequence then you've completely missed the point and its no wonder you were disappointed.

Anyway, the last game I (re)did was majora's Mask on the N64. That final battle eclipses Link's fight with Ganondorf in OOT, IMO.

Majora has to be the darkest boss I've ever seen in a Nintendo game. The second form fight is excellent - almost comedic in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Ady
              WW is not a game you 'complete'. It's all about improving your scores. You can't complete Wario Ware in the same way you can't complete Space Invaders. If anything, you 'complete' Wario Ware once you've unlocked EVERYTHING. If you were just expecting to race through the game and see some epic, end sequence then you've completely missed the point and its no wonder you were disappointed.
              I knew it wasn't going to be an epic adventure but just did not find it as addictive as everyone else seems to. Perhaps I lack a soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Ady
                I knew it wasn't going to be an epic adventure but just did not find it as addictive as everyone else seems to. Perhaps I lack a soul.
                Fair enough. I can't stop playing it. Even now.

Comment

Knights of the Old Republic, and very much so. The next one will be Disgaea.

Both of these games have kept me up till the earlier hours, it's been a long long time since anything I've played has done that.

Regards
                  Marty

Comment

I finished Star Fox Adventures and I was glad I did. Underrated game - Possibly due to stupidly high expectations from some.

My only regret is that once you have finished, you can't go and finish off certain sections to 100% the game (apparently you can't even 100% it due to a muck up). I didn't manage to unlock the SFX Play Test Cheat Token which was a shame.

Comment

KOTOR. Loved it .

Burnout 2. Loved it .

Zelda TWW: Great, but a bit dull by the end.

Panzer Dragoon Orta: It was okay, but nothing special. Most of the bosses I found really dull and some of it was a chore to work through.

Comment

Mario Sunshine for me. Definite feeling of achievement due to (I think) a high difficulty level.

Comment

Another Vote for KOTOR, i started to play it not expecting much as im not a big fan of this type of game....never put it down untill it was finished.

Glad to see somebody else completed AE2 bloody ace game...

Comment

I have to admit, I haven't completed a proper game (sorry, console game... don't want to offend anyone) in ages - although I've reached the end of loads of them. Ratchet And Clank, Freedom Fighters, Viewtiful Joe, Jet Set Radio (GBA) and most recently (today, in fact) SSX3 and XIII are just some of the games I've left by the wayside... although to be fair, XIII is an absolute bitch at the end.

So, last game I actually finished? Zelda: Link To The Past... again. But on the GBA (because I can play it at work without getting spotted, on the bus to work and while in the bath... not at work, obviously). And before that, Metroid Fusion, on the GBA as well. And then Hamtaro GBA before that. I do love my GBA.

Comment

What is Hamtaro? Can someone please tell me? My GBA is getting hungry...

Comment

RE0

Yes, because it has that nice little slug sub game at the end where you go searching for them all throughout the house which leads to bonus items in the real game.

Comment

Working...
                                X