Earth Defence Force: Insect Armageddon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth Defence Force: Insect Armageddon

No real news other than it exists and is coming in 2011!

From PAX (edit, not from PAX - Gamestop conference)
    0%
    PS3
    0%

Edf! Edf! Edf!

Comment

The Captain is dead!

Follow the Captain!

Comment

I Don't like you ... but I'll fight with you!

Best news ever. Please please please have a 360 PAL release.

Comment

And online co-op. That's not too much to hope for, is it?

Comment

No.

Sob. I'm almost crying with joy.

My mental wishlist will have to be erased or I'll saddle it with expectations it can't hope to meet.

Comment

This has to have online co-op!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                This has to have online co-op!!
                I hope for 4 player co-op

Comment

It will probably run at 10fps online, but I'd still be as happy as a dog with ten cocks.

I'm still trembling with excitement!
                  Last edited by prinnysquad; 04-09-2010, 14:19.

Comment

Woo! I hope it's more GDF than EDF though.

Comment

Yes. They've done whatever they needed to do, whatever the excuse was for scaling back in the third game. New tech, new engine, streamlining, whatever. They've had 4 years to plan, playtest and trim the fat off a new game. Now it's time for bigger, better, BIGGER AND BETTER!

Over 100 levels please, with at least 10 different locales, including night/evening/underground missions.

More hyper-baddies needed, like the centipede thing, the giant ant nest and the ultra-Godzilla. I still get a thrill thinking about my encounters on those levels, and the first time I saw them.

More variety in enemies needed - different types of Ufos please, that require different types of weapon to kill them (like the mirror ufos - damn annoying, but made the game more tactical.) A return of screen-filling ufos and a variety of tripods would be welcome here. And variety is the name of the game - a lack of it plagued EDF3.

oh, and keep the select sound on the menu. Sob, I'm so happy.
                      Last edited by prinnysquad; 04-09-2010, 15:03.

Comment

Bring back the flying bitch from the second game please.

Comment

Pale Wing. Yeah, you got a great sense of scale when you could fly up above the buildings. Good weapons too.

God, yeah, EDF2. It was class - on the 30-somethingth mission, there was a big boss fight - I seem to recall the mission title even alluded to the fact it was the final mission. The next mission was called something like 'mop up' and you had to smash some straggling ants. Then the next mission (wtf?!?!) was called something like 'final mop-up.' You took out a load of ants, then just stood there. All of a sudden a little portal, like a black hole, appears in the sky, and then there's a mad fade-in effect as a city-sized ufo folds into view. Outstanding. A tremendous visual effect.
                          This video shows it after about 55 seconds, although the mong in control tries to spoil it by firing a rocket:

I hope the new game is full of this kind of humour, and sense of grandiosity. EDF3 lacked it a bit, and while still great, needed the jaw dropping moments.
                          Last edited by prinnysquad; 04-09-2010, 15:37.

Comment

Unless it's got online co-op and loads more levels and variety, I won't be buying it.

The huge centipede has to return too.

I rinsed the PS2 games but the 360 one just felt soulless to me and wasn't anywhere near as fun to play.

Comment

If it doesn't have online co-op you'll have to make a new friend to play it with you. Not that ScottyDogg made-up fake friend you pretend to have (really a sock puppet you have strapped to your bell end, apparently), but a real friend.

Seems a bit harsh not to get a game for the former reason??!! The latter I can maybe understand, but the first two EXCELLENT games didn't have online co-op and yet hold a special place of reverence. I know it's unacceptable not to have online co-op for a game designed to be co-op these days, but you can always find a friend to play with. It'll be a bitter disappointment not to have online co-op, but you may miss out on a great game that fulfills the latter proviso.

Oh, car friend! Football friend! EDF friend!

Comment

Working...
                              X