Devil May Cry Reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devil May Cry Reboot

Capcom's formally announced the rumoured Ninja Theory-developed Devil May Cry game, titled DmC, at the Tokyo Game Show.…

Not sure what to make of this. I really like Devil May Cry and I'm not sure either Dante or the series needed a reboot. Okay DMC4 wasn't quite as good as DMC3, but it was still a pretty damn good game. I always figured DMC5 could just do with a bit of tlc and a nod towards Bayonetta.

It's very early days yet, but I'm kinda already disappointed.

EDIT: Just realised this should probably be with the TGS stuff. Doh! Feel free to delete.
    Last edited by Riskbreaker; 15-09-2010, 16:42.

No it's fine, it'll need a dedicated thread sooner or later.

Comment

If the normal Dante was in the trailer it would look cool rather than the emo douche that's there.

His hair is the wrong colour and he's supposed to be the son of Sparda, not a young offender!

Comment

No doubt it'll be the twist as to how his hair went white.

I'm guessing he either gets a nasty fright or it'll be some immensely draining battle with an enemy which will put great strain on him in a stereotypical fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
          No doubt it'll be the twist as to how his hair went white.

I'm guessing he either gets a nasty fright or it'll be some immensely draining battle with an enemy which will put great strain on him in a stereotypical fashion.
          That would be a great way to go about it, but then Virgil's hair is white too...

Comment

Seagull poo?

Comment

They were born with white hair, apparently. So emo Dante -1 more.

Comment

I'm not convinced by this at all. Gameplay might be good but they will have to improve things considerably to get near Bayonetta.

Capcom had a great character with Dante but have just completely undone all that with this ridiculous looking, asbo breaking, crack addict, little s**t.

I actually find this character offensive to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                  Okay, so it's a Phillip Schofield thing then - he's embarrassed by his hair being grey at such a young age and sets off to his weekly jaunt to Boots to get some more `Just For Devil` hair dye. Cue lots of shooting, slashing and smoking fags under the moonlight.

We've all been there.

Comment

This seems even more incongruous given that "proper" Dante is alive and well in Marvel Vs Capcom 3.

Comment

Tbh i think the choreography in that trailer looks stilted and slow compared to what Capcom did in DMC3 & 4. All of it just looks oh so wrong. It should be 10x better, its Ninja Theory they arn't known for their ****ty cinematography.
                      Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 15-09-2010, 21:33.

Comment

Maybe it's a bait and switch.

Some young upstart is impersonating Dante or something.

Comment

I'm more interested in what they're going to improve mechanics wise, because 4 didn't offer much more than 3 mechnically.

I guess Bayonetta has upped my standards of the genre in that respect though.

Comment

If I'm seeing things right he has some white hair mixed in there so the theory that he's dying it could be right 'Just for Demi-Men'

TBH, I didn't mind DMC4 but I can see why Capcom would want to reboot it. They don't seem to have gone in the right direction for Dante but, though unlikely, maybe there'll be an Infamous 2 style relenting. Not gonna write the whole game off yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                              And Nero also has the white hair so it's got to be genetic.

Whose idea was it to do this anyway? Don't they know that fanboys fear change? There are so many DMC clone games out there that basically the character was the only definitive thing left in the series, and they've gone and changed him! Might as well have started a new franchise. ><

Comment

Working...
                              X