Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow down.

I thought it was a thing of the past but when playing Kirby's Epic Yarn on the Wii with my son the game slowed down when too much was happening.

Comment

Metal Torrent on the DSi had that something crazy. I prefer to think of it as "old person reaction compensation". I hear DICE are going to bring it in as a feature in BF4

Comment

I'm a calm man, but gaaaaaaaaah.

Let's have a quick game of BF4. Oh, cannot connect to EA servers. Online features unavailable.
        Ok, how about Forza5? Oh. Update needed.
        Ok. How about Titanfall. Oh. Update needed.

So having a go on my son's NFS Rivals which doesn't appear to need updating.

I just want to play a game that's not broken and doesn't need updating all the time please. My broadband is not fast enough for this nonsense. Gah.

Comment

The EA servers have been playing up all week. Been unable to access the online features of FIFA 14 too.

Comment

i signed up to that dashboard update thing on my xbox one, and that's been constantly nagging me last update was 2 gig!!! thank god i've got 100 meg fiber makes short work of these updates.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              I'm a calm man, but gaaaaaaaaah.

Let's have a quick game of BF4. Oh, cannot connect to EA servers. Online features unavailable.
              Ok, how about Forza5? Oh. Update needed.
              Ok. How about Titanfall. Oh. Update needed.

So having a go on my son's NFS Rivals which doesn't appear to need updating.

I just want to play a game that's not broken and doesn't need updating all the time please. My broadband is not fast enough for this nonsense. Gah.
              This! ^^^. I've basically stopped PC gaming because (well apart from my PC being broken - see other thread) whenever I try to there are a dozen updates that are halfway through being downloaded and with Steam, once a game starts to update you have to wait for it to finish; no playing the non-updated version and with 3.5mbit that's **** frankly.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                This! ^^^. I've basically stopped PC gaming because (well apart from my PC being broken - see other thread) whenever I try to there are a dozen updates that are halfway through being downloaded and with Steam, once a game starts to update you have to wait for it to finish; no playing the non-updated version and with 3.5mbit that's **** frankly.
                Had to stop playing Starcraft2 on pc basically because of this. Every single bloody time I switch it on there's another 5 gig or so update, cue dozens of hours of downloading only for me then to be too busy to play it, bloody awesome.

Comment

Remember putting a cartridge in and turning on your console and playing? A golden age.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Remember putting a cartridge in and turning on your console and playing? A golden age.
                    The retro boys here are on to something you know. Seriously wondering if I should join them. PS4 has solved the problems that my PC has though. It's always up-to-date with patches. I guess it gets them at night?

Comment

Think it just updates when patches are released.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Exactly my thoughts Obviously irrelevant for online games, but worth putting the glasses on for

And yeah Brad, overnight updates (at least that's what the xbox does). I could do them on the Xbox as well, but I prefer to have it fully off (psu fan ticks slightly and it uses a lot of power on standby).

Comment

Best feature of the new consoles Charles! My PS3 would switch on in the night to do stuff but i can't remember what exactly. I'm pretty sure the PS4 does more anyway. When BT pull their finger out this'll be less of a problem anyway. Where's my infinity!?

Comment

PS3 downloads updates for games and uploads your saves to the cloud automatically every night. It's really useful.

Comment

CG trailers ...i really hate them they might aswell have a shot of the title screen and that would tell all i need to know

Comment

Already 10 seconds behind most times in the mk8 TT thread. I should just admit defeat now.

Comment

Working...
                                X