Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed!

I was thinking about this the other day. The first time you play a game, you're forced to watch the various splash screens for Dobly Stereo, Blink Video and Unreals Engine, but once it sees you have a previous save, they're all skippable.

Comment

On PC you can usually navigate to a folder and delete some files to skip that.

Comment

Tom Nook. He's so corrupt, not a good lesson for kids. :/

Comment

Crappy servers!!
          Finally got into a good Exo Survival game on Advanced Warfare...til now everyone was dying on wave 2 to get the 50matches trophy faster...got all the way to Wave 43 and it decides to boot us! 7 waves from getting the "double flip" trophy

Comment

Games working hard to reacreate the mood and atmosphere of films. I'm aware the developers are going for similar production values and presentation but the world of gaming can do so much more than what can be realised in the world of film (as fantastic as that can be).

Echoing the style and approach of TV series is not too bad through. Much more appropriate for games, has worked well in the past and can do so in the future. That said, the likes of God of War and Uncharted do well to unravel my points

Comment

An EBGames exclusive coming out ON A DAY THE STORES ARE CLOSED.
              Idiots.

Comment

That the above information was actually WRONG!
                And that they changed Shing Meteorite's name to Kor Meteor.

Comment

Digital pre-orders.

Comment

Nintendo

Comment

Amazon didn't deliver my Arkham Knight til 6pm, then it wants a 3.5gig patch.
                      Wait for the install bar to finish so I can play without the patch...

Start story mode..."Please wait while the game installs for 15 mins"

WHY THE HELL DID YOU EVEN LET ME START IT UP THEN!!?

Comment

Unfinished games being released.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
                          Nintendo

They're hard to love at the moment, that's for sure. The amiibo stock situation is making me cry.

Comment

See DriveClub PS+ release thread.

Comment

My gaming irk right now is me and my reduced time and patience for gaming. I have pretty much given up on ZombiU because I found the lack of progress too fustrating (though I may just drop to an easy difficulty of that's possible). So last night I played Metroid Prime instead. Was a little lost wandering around Chozo and was cursing the lack of in-game pointers.

And then it hit me. I have so often felt the exact opposite - that games spend far too much time holding our hands and walking us through the obvious. Games like Metroid Prime with so much exploration and discovery should be exactly as they are. They shouldn't change.

What has changed is me and my time. I have so little time for gaming that to play for half an hour and feel like I made no progress is frustrating. So I need that quick movement forward. I need not to get stuck. Getting stuck means my game time trickling away. And so what is wrong with ZombiU and other games is not the game, it's me and my lack of time.
                              Last edited by Dogg Thang; 24-06-2015, 20:19. Reason: Poxy autocorrect

Comment

I think that is why I've preferred games like Animal Crossing, as there is no real skill required, you can't get stuck, and it's bloody cute.
                                The ability to save whenever I like is the biggest advantage a game can have for me. All the GBA/DS/PSP/Vita SRW games let you temp save so you can jump back in almost straightaway. The suspend function that the DS and PSP brought us meant that we didn't have to let real life pass by, and we can get gaming into a few minutes here and there.
                                Updates killed "plug and play" gaming. Fancy a go on the PS3? Got 5 minutes to spare? Oh well, update time. Back to cooking dinner. *sigh*

Comment

Working...
                                X