No announcement yet.

Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would still happily go through that rather than a zombie & contagion infested sewer.

Comment

And yet navigating barbed wire would probably still be a better call than a deadly creature-filled sewer.

Comment

Barbed or razer wire, chuck blankets or something over it no problem getting over.

Zombies, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
          If it had been hawthorns, fashioned into a thick hedge over many years selective pruning... then they'd get a pass. That stuff is almost as bad as barbed-wire.
          Out on a country walk? Yeah, I’ll give the hawthorn a miss. Trying the save someone’s life and it’s hawthorns or sewers of death or a 50 mile detour and I’m gonna get scratched up.

HEDGES CANNOT STOP ME!

Comment

That's it - you've just sent out to the cosmos the name of the thing that will off you in the end.

Hedges gonna get yer!

Comment

My cousin is in the Marines and I've seen him scratched up to hell because they just get them crawling through rose bushes and ****. Part of the conditioning I guess. If it means not getting shot or eaten by a Zombie then your going through a Rose Hedge.

Comment

Nier is amazing, but it does this thing where you have to face a pick up from a certain distance and angle to actually pick it up. If you’re too close, it doesn’t let you.

What’s that all about? Nier isn’t alone in this, either.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                  Nier is amazing, but it does this thing where you have to face a pick up from a certain distance and angle to actually pick it up. If you’re too NEAR, it doesn’t let you.
                  Fixed that for ye

Comment

Nier

Ahem.

Comment

Top Ten Gam is Nier. I’ll fight anyone who says otherwise. Marquis of Queensbury rules.

Comment

Watching digital foundry and they do great vids but i have noticed with lots of games covered when it comes to many graphical effects i would never notice them and they often have to zoom up close also noticed some games they covered with rtx i cannot say if they look better or worse....just different

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                          Watching digital foundry and they do great vids but i have noticed with lots of games covered when it comes to many graphical effects i would never notice them and they often have to zoom up close also noticed some games they covered with rtx i cannot say if they look better or worse....just different
                          I was watching a video last night about Ghostrunner and it was like that for most of the video. Admittedly, that might be more to do with the company adding raytracing to the existing lighting so the impact was lessened somewhat. Also, it's such a fast-paced game, yet there were cool reflections in the water that dropped the frame rate by around 60%!

Comment

Some of the effects ray tracing will bring to the next generation systems are a bit like HDR support. It’ll make things look better and more natural but not always in your face noticeably different. That Ghostrunner game is a good example. The developer has done a great job with the baked lighting so that the quality of improvement with the ray traced effects isn’t hugely noticeable.
                            But something like the path traced Minecraft demos show a huge difference.

It’s going to be a while before games are crafted specifically with ray tracing in mind as opposed to raster based with added ray tracing enhancements.

Comment

Game install sizes are so large these days. 120Gb for RDR2. 76GB for Tekken 7!

I need to pick up a new SSD.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                                Game install sizes are so large these days. 120Gb for RDR2. 76GB for Tekken 7!

I need to pick up a new SSD.
                                Apparently Modern Warfare is closing in on 200GB.

Going to be horrid with XSX and PS5 where mechanical drives are no longer going to cut it (i.e. only be good enough for legacy/backcompat games or storage) and those NVMe drives are going to be really expensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X