X-Men Arcade 1992 coming to Live and PSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-Men Arcade 1992 coming to Live and PSN

Just announced with 6 player online drop in/out co-op. Been waiting for this for years! Heres hoping for The Simpsons Arcade as well!

Yas min!

Comment

The Konami beat em-ups seem pretty dated and basic to me now, compared to the really good stuff from the genre, but still good news I guess.

Comment

welcome to die

Comment

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man View Post
          The Konami beat em-ups seem pretty dated and basic to me now, compared to the really good stuff from the genre, but still good news I guess.
          I'd agree with that for the most part, although I think that the Turtles in Time coin-op still holds up well. X-Men Arcade looks as dated and basic as their other beat-em-ups like the original TMNT Arcade game, Crime Fighters, Vendetta and The Simpsons game (they all use the same engine), whereas Turtles in Time was always a slightly more refined version of that engine.

Certainly, Konami's scrolling beat-em-ups weren't a patch on anything that Capcom were doing with their CPS-1 & CPS-2 hardware.

Comment

But its the X-Men !! I remember playing this in the arcade, and desperately hoping for a conversion...which never came...

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
              But its the X-Men !! I remember playing this in the arcade, and desperately hoping for a conversion...which never came...
              MAME much?

Besides, Capcom's X-Men: Children of the Atom is a FAR, FAR, superior X-Men game in any case (slightly different type of beat-em-up, I know).

Comment

Shame we'll never see a home release for the AvP side scrolling fighter. Awesome game, bogged down in what must be hellishly complex home console rights by now.

Comment

Capcom's AvP was brilliant imo.

But I still like this X-Men game too. Its dated but still playable, 6 players is pretty uncommon even for today.

I remember playing the coin op, it had 2 screens pasted together (there was a line in the middle) and the sound was really good and loud.

Loved Simpsons as well (in fact a mate of mine owns the original 4 player cab!), and Asterix was a good laugh.
                  Last edited by saturn-gamer; 10-10-2010, 14:19.

Comment

I think the fact that this has received no HD treatment is gonna put a lot of people off.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                      I think the fact that this has received no HD treatment is gonna put a lot of people off.
                      But didnt the Turtles arcade game do extremely well with no HD treatment?

Comment

Final Fight as well.

I think the TMNT in Time Remake was a flop on the other hand.

Comment

X-men, in fact most of Konamis walk along beat em ups of that era have aged quite badly compared to genre rivals, Capcom.

X-men, The Simpsons and the 2 x TMNT look like cheap franchise cash in going up against Final Fight, AvP and Punisher.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                            But didnt the Turtles arcade game do extremely well with no HD treatment?
                            TMNT did have redone graphics though.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Turtles in Time did, TMNT arcade didnt.

EDIT- Yup, just booted it up to be sure.
                              Last edited by MrKirov; 10-10-2010, 15:40.

Comment

Working...
                              X