X-Men Arcade 1992 coming to Live and PSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bash View Post
    X-men, in fact most of Konamis walk along beat em ups of that era have aged quite badly compared to genre rivals, Capcom.

X-men, The Simpsons and the 2 x TMNT look like cheap franchise cash in going up against Final Fight, AvP and Punisher.
    Final Fight was **** compared to the original turtles arcade, AvP and D&D were great stuff however and I would also like to see them on live. The arcade version of turtles in time would be good as well, as the remake was crap.

Comment

Shadow over Mystara would be enough, I never cared much for the first one. Saturn versions were kind of ****e, sadly. And overpriced as well.

Capcom greats other than AvP included Punisher and Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (which I thought was surprisingly good).

Since were hoping anyway, I'm hoping for Seibu's Zero Team. Local arcade used to have it and I thought it was a pretty good scroller. For all i know its unplayable on MAME too.

Comment

If they handle it like Final Fight I'm all in for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
          Certainly, Konami's scrolling beat-em-ups weren't a patch on anything that Capcom were doing with their CPS-1 & CPS-2 hardware.
          Violent Storm was. That's my favourite Konami scrolling beat em up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoju View Post
            Violent Storm was. That's my favourite Konami scrolling beat em up.
            We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Violent Storm doesn't come remotely close to Alien v Predator or the Dungeons & Dragons games, imo.

Hell, I'd personally rather play other Konami beat-em-ups like Turtles in Time or Vendetta than Violent Storm.

Comment

Blimey, looks like this is out next week (15th) on XBLA - seems to be a timed exclusive as well; February for PSN if Eurogamer are correct.

EDIT- actually Destructoid say December 26th for PSN, so who knows.

Comment

Working...
              X