No announcement yet.

Elder Scrolls V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hehe I imagine these kinda things will be long gone this time round. Refining the experience to perfection is probably what they've been doing for the last year on this.

Comment

Well, there's an awful lot more than 20 reasons to be helplessly nerding out about the next Elder Scrolls game, but a n…

Wow look at the Orcs! That's a massive step up from the ones in Oblivion

Comment

Some possibly really good news for the console version of the game as the user generated PC mods are already compatible with both consoles according to Bethesda. It seems that at the moment it's working but it's a matter of Sony & Microsoft agreeing to allow user mods on the consoles.

With other games it's only been Sony who have welcomed user generated mods in Unreal Tournament and but hopefully Microsoft will also see the benefits of allowing it to happen at some point.

It may of course not happen on either console but I'd rather be optimistic about the possibility.
        Originally posted by scrawlfx
        Like past Elder Scrolls titles, Bethesda is on with full support for mods in the PC version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. According to executive producer Todd Howard, the PC-created mods for Skyrim “works on all consoles”, but in order to make it to retail, they need to “find a way” to get the feature approved by first-parties.

“It works on all the consoles,” Howard told Edge during a preview event in Utah, last week. “As far as the 360 and PS3, right now there’s not an avenue for us to make that available, but we’d very much like to find a way. We have talked to Microsoft and Sony, and so there’s a chance it might happen one day, [but] I don’t see it happening for release.

“We’d like to see it happen, because it works, it’s how we made the game. I think it’s something really cool about what we do, but 90 per cent of our audience is on the consoles, so 90 per cent of our audience can’t even see this thing. So if we can solve that we’d like to.”

Judging by history, we might see it happen on PlayStation 3. With Steam built into Portal 2, PC mods available for Unreal Tournament III, and MMOs alive on the console, I see no reason for Sony to not be open about the subject.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is in stores for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC on November 11, 2011.

Comment

Some very brief footage. Looks great !

Comment

I heard you know how to move in light armor.

Comment

Looks quite interesting. Nice find.

Comment

Am I missing something? That was literally two seconds of obscured cam footage and then the already released trailer!

Comment

No you're not missing anything. That is exactly what it is.

Comment

Comment

Holy crap that looks amazing. Dragons are so much better than I thought they'd be.

Comment

Had to stop watching that. It just looks brilliant! The weather effects the dragons

I'm on avoid-o-tron until release to negate spoiler skankfests.

Comment

Stunning stuff. Looks awesome
                          ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Good lord, its looking better than i possibly imagined. That theme still gives me chills.

Comment

is indeed looking absolutely incredible.

Comment

Indeed, those environments look like they're begging to be explored. It's something I loved most about Oblivion and am both delighted and relieved to have that same feeling again.
                                Last edited by Charlie; 07-06-2011, 15:18.

Comment

Working...
                                X