Splinter Cell: HD Trilogy [PS3/360]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splinter Cell: HD Trilogy [PS3/360]

It's all but been confirmed for months that this was going to make a release and Yves Guillemot has now confirmed that it will be happening in a publisher's earnings call.

Not a lot of details yet but as expected it contains Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow & Chaos Theory in HD.

No mention as to which consoles but as Microsoft had no interest in the recent and frigging brilliant Prince of Persia Trilogy HD/3D and Sony seem to love them I suppose it's reasonable to assume that it's going to be another PS3 exclusive but hopefully Microsoft will change their mind about these things before the Beyond Good & Evil remaster next year.

It's due out March 25th over here according to the shops that have it available to pre-order which matches up with the previously leaked date. They're also listing an RRP of ?29:99 again but it'll be available cheaper and ShopTo currently have it available at ?23:85 which seems decent.

Hopefully we'll find out soon the titles that Konami are working on and I'm really hoping it's going to be the obvious choice.
    Last edited by JP; 22-01-2011, 23:42.

I'll give this a go mainly for Chaos Theory. After Convictions more cover shooter approach it'll be nice to revist the shadow ducking style of the early games

Comment

Really enjoyed all of these (played PC/PC/Xbox versions), I'll welcome the opportunity to play them again with a little makeover (they don't need that much!).

Comment

I loved these on the xbox and happy to try em again tarted up

Comment

As said in the other thread, let's hope they are ports of the Xbox/pc versions and not the PS2

Comment

There's still been no public announcement but C&VG and other places seem to have received confirmation now which all seems to tie in with what was known before.
            Originally posted by C&VG
            The speculation can end as Ubisoft has officially listed a Splinter Cell HD Collection on PS3 for 2011.

In a sneaky confirmation that gave us the slip late last week, Ubisoft announced Splinter Cell Trilogy HD as one of the publisher's titles for next year.

It's only listed as a PlayStation 3 title at the moment, which jars with the series' being originally and predominantly only on Xbox.

Apart from a trade price of £20.42, no further details have been released, although we assume the trio will be made up of the original Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow and the excellent Chaos Theory.
            Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            As said in the other thread, let's hope they are ports of the Xbox/pc versions and not the PS2
            Hopefully they'll do what the other collections have done and just gone back to the original HD assets rather than what was actually released.

There's been suggestions that Sony have access to some sort of compiler which allows companies to chuck everything in and it throws out PS3 code. I'd imagine you're not going to get well optimised code without putting some serious work in but the other collections seem to have done OK however the companies have achieved reasonable results.

I wonder what the chances are of the PS4 getting a load of HD"er" rereleases in the future? Maybe a God of Cell Raider: Even HDer Trilogy with nine games on?

I suppose there's no harm in these things as long as the right titles are used and they do actually improve what was released before but there seems to be an almost endless stream of these things now.

Having said that though, the Ico & Shadow of The Colossus is really something I can't wait to play.

Comment

hopefully will get rid of the image tearing that bugged me in the xbox splinter cell games

Comment

Although it's been heavily rumoured for ages Ubisoft have now announced a 22nd March release in the US which means the previously leaked 25th March releases over here makes sense.

Comment

Although it's no surprise 3D has now been confirmed and it's out on 1st April.

Comment

It's my first post on the PlayStation.Blog and it feels good to be here. For the last few months, my team has been working on the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy project. We are bringing the first three Splinter Cell games to PS3: Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. Splinter [...]

Confirmed to be ported from the PC version. Result!

Comment

So is this out now then? A surprising lack of coverage if so.

Comment

Nope, not out yet.

Comment

Ubisoft announced last month that 21st of June in the US and the first half of 2011 in Europe, so any time before July I suppose.

They mentioned last month that the collection will be getting both a PSN and blu-ray release at launch, I suppose they may release the individual games as downloads as they did with the Prince of Persia Trilogy.

They've also mentioned that they "decided to port the game from the PC version, which had more content and detail" instead of using the console versions.

They release a load of PS2 v PS3 comparison shots last, they of course don't match up to native PS3 games but for emulated PC games they look more than adequate to me.

Comment

Are these confirmed to be PC ports or XBox ports? Is there really any difference between those two versions?

Comment

Well it ticks all the boxes, then you get to online and they have said that feature is not there, pre-order cancelled.
                              They would have sold lots if it had the co-op/vs modes in there, without it your missing a big part of what made Splinter Cell awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X