No announcement yet.

RPG Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re:Skies of Arcadia, I really enjoyed this game but one thing made it hard to love.. And that's the fact that in 50 hours, I was never once close to seeing the 'Game Over' screen and I don't consider myself a big RPG player or anything. Most RPGs now seem to be way too easy.

For me, the SNES and PSX ones had the best balance. You don't have to spend three hours levelling up just to fight a rat or something (Phantasy Star, I'm looking at you), but there's a decent challenge in most of them.

Comment

All the RPGs I've played this generation have been lousy. PS2 just has the most lousy RPGs. Some claim to fame.

Strategy RPGs are something else entirely. For them you get a GBA and, to a lesser extent, a PS2. But you should have both of these systems anyway.

Comment

Wait:
        I don't mean you need these systems to be a 'true gamer' or anything as lame as that.
        I mean that if you want a decent assortment of games that doesn't outright suck you need to own multiple consoles, because so few games are worth bothering with.
        Just to clarify.

Comment

KOTOR is the best RPG i've played in years - and the only one i've really enjoyed from this generation of consoles.

Comment

Working...
          X