No announcement yet.

Under/Rated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll add 3 sporting titles that never seemed to get the wide recognition they deserved

Olympic Soccer

Looked like crap, but played like a dream. The closest anyone ever got to Sensible Soccer style gameplay in 3D, and for me the best 32 bit Football game around,also love the Commentary

Jonah Lomu Rugby

IMO 1 of the best 2 players games ever made, and RAGE just nailed the controls with a perfect blend of Arcade & Sim gameplay , and some of the best 1 liners ever !

RIP Bill McLaren

Decatlete

After Sensi the best 2 player game I played
    . Insane characters designs & Poses and speech, that seemed to perfectly tie-in with the nations they were representing , and perfect pick up and play controls, Looked as good as most Model 2 game too . A truly incredible game , that should have sold so much more and have more and more people talking the game up

Comment

Kameo: Elements of Power

Still one of the best looking games of this generation. Loved this game and it was a massive flop sales wise.

Think I'll play through it again one day.
      Last edited by MarioMark; 06-02-2011, 09:54.

Comment

In my first industry job we had an athlete kings cab in the office.

Comment

Ignore
          Last edited by Oh_Mutants; 05-02-2011, 15:09. Reason: Having trouble embedding youtube vids.

Comment

Agreed on Jonah Lomu Rugby, it's one of the best games evaarrrr. Especially the weather.

Comment

Have to echo the Ring of Red and Kameo shouts. Ring of Red is one of my top games, ever. Just a great story and setting, with deep, mechanical gameplay.

Comment

Some great games mentioned in this thread, having now watched a few vids of Singularity that's definitely on the to do list. My contibutions

Top Gear Rally N64

Wonderful handling model, solid racing and not a bad looker for an N64 game either. My favourie racer on Nintendo's grey box that wasn't called 'Wave Race'

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Zero Gunner 2

Sometimes got overlooked for the likes of Ikaruga and some of the bigger hitters in the Dreamcast import market, but a fantastic shooter and not a ridiculously hard bullet fest either

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I?d always see multiple second hand copies of Top Gear Rally when I popped into gamestation. Looks impressive for the 64.

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                  i like the first one as well, but the second one rinses it big time..

Yeah, the second is a favourite of mine. The handling and sensation of speed both hit the mark for me, and it has some cracking racing music. It?s also the only racer with replays I actually want to watch. ;p

Not sure if it could be considered overlooked though.

Comment

I'd pick Deathrow on the xbox.

It made speedball look tame, played amazing and just clicked with me. It also looked amazing and playing it system link was stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                      I'd pick Deathrow on the xbox.

It made speedball look tame, played amazing and just clicked with me. It also looked amazing and playing it system link was stunning.
                      Ugh, that game used to piss me off so much! In fact I think I did the review for the site saying pretty much that!

Good shout on Kameo, wasn't brilliant but I'd love them to do a sequel.

Likewise Freedom Fighters, an absolute gem of a 3rd person shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post

Quantum Redshift:

This last one seems really obvious but I'm assuming no-one bought it as there's criminally never been a sequel... the best rally racer ever (yes it is!)

Rallisport Challenge 2:

Reminded me i had them, well rallisport 1 anyway such a great gamea dn brilliant mutliplayer to, had to just go and play it on 360 emulation mode and if that game had a higher res i wouldn't be able to tell that it wasn't a current generation game, the draw distance and how smooth it is even under emulation is incredible. Red Shift up next, just need to turn the vibration down to, rallisport had it on 100% feel like i've been digging up roads.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post

I used to love Decahtlete/Athlete Kings. i had the PAL Saturn vers it really was amazing me n my mates used to play alot. The Arcade vers is rock hard though.

Comment

I would say that all the below games on ps2 are very underated:

Kuri Kuri Mix - Excellent co-op game with great, fresh ideas. Perfect if you want to play a co-op game without shooting things. Happy game

Extreme G 3 - Early ps2 game with no fogging, slowdown etc. Twitchy handling to begin with then very rewarding racer. Good risk reward system with the shield/boost similar to f zero

Ace Combat 4 - Fantastic graphics, good storyline, nice sound effects and fun gameplay make this a very good arcade/flight sim

Grand Prix Challenge - Never talked about on these forums for good knows what reason. Best f1 console game with some of the best graphics on PS2, great handling that mixes fun with realistic. Made by the team that produced Transformers (published by atari) another awesome game that is never talked about

Sub Rebellion - Low budget game that makes the most of not alot. Fun gameplay, original idea and lovely sonar effect

Disaster Report - Another great curio ps2 title. Gameplay involves trying to escape a city that has been ravished by an earthquake.

Comment

I have Kuri, Ace Combat, Disaster Report and Extreme G and yes they are very good games. GP Challenge looks decent so will have a look for it. Will be about 99p in game!

Comment

Destined to be one of these types of games:

Singularity

Comment

Working...
                                X