No announcement yet.

Under/Rated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One game I thought deserve a second outing maybe but won't because they didn't sell that well.

Giants Citizen Kabuto - The singleplayer was good and will amazing cut scenes. The tech was pretty amazing for the time as well a huge island to fly around. he multiplayer was really broken but gave it charm. Its a shame no one has ever made a mod of this but the fanbase did keep tweaking the engine long after others would have stopped.

Comment

I thought all 3 section to the game to be brilliant myself.

Anyway here's some more of mine

Alien Trilogy

Never got why so many people knocked this game. I found it to be fantastic and very atmospheric

Die Hard Arcade

Just so much fun to play, and this game had some of the best 3D graphics on the Saturn (along with some of the best textures)

Star Fighter 3DO

Great little shooter

Comment

Lest we forget, the still gorgeous looking, Luigi's Mansion!

Comment

It may not look like much but it was in a recent Edge feature were it was mentioned those who played it were quite taken with it. For the Wii, the FPS fire fighting game Real Heroes: Fire Fighters

Comment

After my recent playthrough it's clearly not fussed about enough, even though it is fussed about, lol

Borderlands

Comment

Is it worth getting if you don't intend to take it online at all? My favourite FPS games include Pathologic and STALKER, how does it stack up against those two in terms of mechanics? I didn't pay attention, but it seemed to me to be an online multiplayer focused game concerned more with action than setting/story/complex mechanics. Sell me on it, Crazytaxi.

Do you need to eat food to keep alive?

Comment

Structurally, the co-op element is completely optional. The game scales its rewards and difficulty depending on how your playing it, if you're going for all trophies/achievements there's only 1 explicitly online based one in the game and you'd likely get that just by joining a game. I'd say it's not really like Stalker etc, it's a pretty casual affair which I'd say is very like the recent Fallout games but with less narrative and a much stronger game engine. The main focus is levelling up overall though I found it quite compelling.

Comment

Project Snowblind for PS2 and Xbox, maybe PC too.

Really enjoyable FPS game that seemed to vanish without a trace. Great weapons, amazing visuals and sound. Has a really nice mix of team warfare and solo espionage. About 2/3 through right now and cannot put it down.

Comment

^ was a very decent shooter, although the Deus Ex tech was never integrated very convincingly, I thought. Some superb environments.

Comment

Yeah that is a downside. Lots of brilliant items but definately underused. Pity really.
                      I think looking back that Crystal Dynamics have evolved into a very good developer. Recent Tomb Raiders have been good, Soul Reaver games are ace and even early games like Pandemonium were ok.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                        even early games like Pandemonium were ok.
                        Pandemonium was developed by "Toys for Bob", which I don't believe have ever made an FPS or Tomb Raider game.

You shouldn't confuse publishers with developers.

(this post was made with a friendly, jovial tone to it )
                        Last edited by Sketcz; 19-07-2011, 17:23.

Comment

Well excuse me!

Man it was 15 years ago, can't remember everything!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                            Well excuse me!
                            Man it was 15 years ago, can't remember everything!
                            I wasn't saying that in a mean way, more matter of fact.

Comment

I didn't even know this many were on the wii and this nomination goes towards the entire franchise rather than just the below installment as there's little but track list to seperate them, though they are EPIC track lists. The vid below is taken from Taiko no Tatsujin Wii 3:

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                                I wasn't saying that in a mean way, more matter of fact.
                                I know mate. My reply was exclaimed to show it but I should have used smiles!

Comment

Working...
                                X