No announcement yet.

"Why I won't listen to your game idea"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously if you had the money you could pay people to make your game, though you might need to hire the people yourself, or get someone else to do it. I imagine indie games would cost a lot less than ?2m and big titles would cost a fair bit more, so it'd depend how ambitious it was, I imagine the best thing would be to head hunt someone with plenty of respect, then it'd be easier to get a publisher, unless you just went the DL route, you wouldn't really want to pay ?2m for a game that only you played I imagine!

Comment

Originally posted by Party boy View Post
      you wouldn't really want to pay ?2m for a game that only you played I imagine!
      If I won 20 mill and spent 10% on a vanity project, I wouldn't care who played it as long as it adhered to my every design whim and desire, no matter how ridiculous or insane.

It would be pure self gratification.

Comment

What if you got bored and wanted another game made, and then another? Pay for a vanity project and you can be entertained for a day, set up a successful developer and you can be entertainned for life!

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
          If I won 20 mill and spent 10% on a vanity project, I wouldn't care who played it as long as it adhered to my every design whim and desire, no matter how ridiculous or insane.

It would be pure self gratification.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
            (off topic apologies) Did you go vegi for health, taste or moral reasons. Not a loaded question by the way, genuinely curious.
            My new response is thus: not telling, I'm bored of the question.

Comment

EDIT...

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
              Serious question though, regarding game ideas. One of my many lottery fantasies, along with opening a factory making magic crayon coloured trousers, is to bypass all the difficulties and just hire a team to make a vanity game to my exacting specifications. Probably PC because it's open platform, with the idea that maybe it could be ported later.
              I'm assuming this will be a cross between a curio/retro lover's version of Game Dev Story, where all the consoles are Virtual Boy oddities, and 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand.
              Last edited by egparadigm; 31-03-2011, 18:08.

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
                If that monkey is called hector or can spin plates I will sue you SO fast!!

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
                  EDIT...

I'm assuming this will be a cross between a curio/retro lover's version of Game Dev Story, where all the consoles are Virtual Boy oddities, and 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand.
                  I would play that ****ing game.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                    When people find out you work in games, they want to tell you their great idea for a game.
                    Sometimes, they're gems, though. Here's one we got sent to us when I worked at Gremlin. We were fools not to make it, frankly.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
                      If that monkey is called hector or can spin plates I will sue you SO fast!!
                      I was thinking of naming him Hector Salazar and having a plate spinning mini game, but seeing as I can't afford the legal battle, that will be left out for the sequel as this game will make me so much money I can just laugh off the compensation.

Comment

hmmm...maybe I could get one of those court orders where i get money now and then a percentage of any future earnings. Like Ray Parlours wife got...obviously without the marriage/terrible hair style/having to ever go to middlesborough??

Comment

Snnaaaaaaaaaake!

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post

Could be! I'd tell you, but then I'd have to sue you.

Comment

Snake Transformer sounded epic, you certainly were fools JamesS.

Im going to sell the idea to Flabio now.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
                                hmmm...maybe I could get one of those court orders where i get money now and then a percentage of any future earnings. Like Ray Parlours wife got...obviously without the marriage/terrible hair style/having to ever go to middlesborough??
                                I had a pint with Ray Parlour once. Does somebody owe me money now? B/T is fine, no Paypal. Tnx.

Comment

Working...
                                X