Next Xbox Dev Kit at EA (Apparently?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Xbox Dev Kit at EA (Apparently?)

Not sure I believe it but its on Develop so I trust them more than Kotaku. (which isn't saying much I know)

2012 release then? E3 unveiling?

Comment

Would seem weird after publicly denouncing the need for a new system last week in light of rising 360 sales. Maybe they got confused and Nintendo's system is called NBox!

Comment

New generation at the end of 2012 would be perfect. Hope this is true!

Comment

IMHO, they won't even announce it this year.

E3 2012 announce, depending on what the Wii 2 is/does.

Honestly, I'd prefer 2016 release though.
          Last edited by Jebus; 06-05-2011, 17:00.

Comment

I could see a 2012 release, but I doubt they will announce it this year. The 360 is on a roll right now, so they need to keep that machine as relevant as they can. I can imagine they might announce the next machine at E3 next year, and blow everybodies minds by releasing it the same year. At the same time they will probably drop the price of the 360, and introduce a very affordable bundle with Kinect.

Comment

I'd be genuinely surprised if a new console appeared before 2013, I think they're mistaken if they feel there is much of an appetite for it. Maybe they know something about the Wii 2 that we don't?

Comment

Microsoft and Sony won't do, or show, a THING until Nintendo have blown their load first.

Comment

Yeah I am thinking this is a leak that they probably can't stop now but I doubt anything will come of this past they have a new console in the works. Which was a given anyway

Comment

Personally, I've got no reason to be excited about a next gen system from MS or Sony as (more than likely) it'll just be an extension of this gen and nothing more. I don't believe for a second they'll offer any more than that.

When MS/Sony finally do release their systems, i'll do what I did this gen in that I bought a PC instead (both for work and gaming).

If MS/Sony want my cash, they'll need to do more than just update their system specs because if that's the case then I can get a superior system in the PC and the games will be the best they can be, rather than giving me a baseline experience a console would.

Nintendo, on the other hand, do more than just update the specs of their system and try something completely new. I like that. It gives me reason to buy their hardware apart from their IP.

If MS and Sony just put out more of what the 360/PS3 was, then I'll just stick with the PC format and Nintendo systems. Yes, I'll miss out on a few exclusives, but I really don't care as I can just play them on a mates system.

Comment

I'll never go back to a PC for gaming now. I'm interested in the new Xbox but like the 360 will probably not rush to get it at launch.

Comment

Originally posted by Bond James Bond View Post

Nintendo, on the other hand, do more than just update the specs of their system and try something completely new. I like that. It gives me reason to buy their hardware apart from their IP.
                        Something New ?. All it be is yet more sequels to Mario and Zelda and the same barron release schedule, just like it was for the Wii, the Cube and N64.

I should like that , it gives me reason to get out the pledge polish

I think they're mistaken if they feel there is much of an appetite for it.
                        Why ? After Gears of war III they'll be nothing left for the X-Box to give , its lack of system ram and even the DVD drive must now be punishing developers.
                        Next year I think most of the hardware nuts and gamers will be ready and looking to move on, and so we should it's be going for 7 years, that's more than enough for a closed system

Comment

Except for Mass Effect 3, in the first 3 months of 2012.

...and the plethora of titles they'll unveil next month.

They aren't about to ditch Kinect either, it's not even a year old ffs!

Comment

I've no interest and more importantly, no need to get another console for quite some time. It just feels far too early for me personally, maybe a couple of years down the line.

After the hardware issues they had this generation their next console will be the first Xbox for me not to buy at launch irrelevant of what games launch alongside it, I'll need to give the hardware some time after the issues with the 360.

Although I don't think there will be an announcement this year I'm wondering what it would mean for the current generation if it was to happen, I wonder if killing off the old console will be as sudden as it was last time?

Mind you, this time they do seem to have prepared somewhat by seemingly attempting to reposition the 360 for the budget/casual market fairly early on in it's life so it is possible they'll drop the price and carry on trying to sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                              Something New ?. All it be is yet more sequels to Mario and Zelda and the same barron release schedule, just like it was for the Wii, the Cube and N64.

I should like that , it gives me reason to get out the pledge polish
                              Did I forget to put IMO or something? Anyway, horses for courses n' all that big yin...

Comment

Working...
                              X