Hitman: Absolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitman: Absolution

Where would we be without loose-lipped actors and concept artists? Joystiq has spotted an actor's CV which suggests tha…

Where would we be without loose-lipped actors and concept artists? Joystiq has spotted an actor's CV which suggests that Batman: Arkham Asylum developer Rocksteady is to take the Hitman reins from IO Interactive.
    Mark Sloan spent some time last year doing motion capture for a "Hitman 5 videogame" at "Rocksteady Limited", according to his website.
    Denmark's IO created the Hitman series and has developed all the games to date. It's owned by Eidos, which also has a close relationship with Rocksteady, publishing both Batman and its enjoyable 2006 FPS, Urban Chaos: Riot Response.
    It would be a departure for the popular Hitman games, although IO is busy with Mini Ninjas and a Kane & Lynch sequel, and Rocksteady is currently enjoying a healthy buzz around Arkham Asylum's brutal stealth gameplay.

Awesome news, hitman is truly fantastic but is always really rough around the edges so I'm glad it's been given to someone else to have a crack at.

I thought Hitman: Blood Money was as near perfection as you could get with the series. So it is a shame to see it's been given to a different developer. However, Batman: AA is looking good, so hopefully this new studio has the potential to do Hitman justice.

Comment

The Hitman license is being taken away from the guys who made the last four games in the already superb series and they know how a Hitman game works so this news is a little bit concerning for me.

It took IO several attempts to finally get it completely right in Blood Money, where the level design is masterfully and thoughtfully set out. I do not like the idea of someone else taking over now.

Comment

If this is anything like Blood Money then I'll be all over it.

Just the meer mention of that game makes me recount the story of my quintessential Hitman moment during the Mob Mission, where I drowned the marks wife in the swimming pool and then took him out by pushing him down the stairs.

Mwah ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Comment

There are already 4 hitman games? O_o

Comment

May I suggest an edit of the title. 'being' is what it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf
              There are already 4 hitman games? O_o
              Yes.

Hitman: Codename 47 (2000 - PC only)
              Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (2002)
              Hitman: Contracts (2004)
              Hitman: Blood Money (2006)

Originally posted by Malc
              May I suggest an edit of the title. 'being' is what it should be.
              Or perhaps a simple thread title showing 'Hitman 5' instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                If this is anything like Blood Money then I'll be all over it.

Just the meer mention of that game makes me recount the story of my quintessential Hitman moment during the Mob Mission, where I drowned the marks wife in the swimming pool and then took him out by pushing him down the stairs.
                My favourite was shooting the bottom out of the mountain side hot tub

Comment

Apparently this game will feature co-op and he's going to get a female sidekick. It's going to be called The Hitman & Her.

I'll get my coat...

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                    Apparently this game will feature co-op.
                    Although you're joking, it wouldn't surprise me.

Oh and MP Death Match, this sort of game is crying out for both.

Comment

Keep this game a single player one.

The amount of variation in how you can complete the mission was insane in Blood Money. I went on You Tube and there was so many different things you could do. I spent so many many hours playing it but I still bet there's more ways to finish any one of the missions that what I know.

Comment

Really hope they don't mess with the Blood Money formula too much.

I think a multiplayer mode couuuuuld work. Where each player takes it in turn to be Mr. 47 and the other players are guards. When a guard, kill a civilian and you're out for that round and have Mr.47 appear as a normal NPC character model to the guard players.

Comment

Originally posted by averybluemonkey View Post
                          Really hope they don't mess with the Blood Money formula too much.

I think a multiplayer mode couuuuuld work. Where each player takes it in turn to be Mr. 47 and the other players are guards. When a guard, kill a civilian and you're out for that round and have Mr.47 appear as a normal NPC character model to the guard players.
                          I know it's a different developer, but I just have a horrible vision of Kane and Lynch multiplayer when people start mentioning multiplayer for Hitman.

Rocksteady have made Batman AA a single player only game. So I'd imagine they'd keep Hitman 5 SP only as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
                            Keep this game a single player one.
                            Please, please, please answer this man's prayers. Every ounce of time spent on multiplayer content I will never experience is time taken away from crafting more levels.

I don't like the sound of this. With another series it might work, but there's something uniquely IO about Hitman. I think it's the humour.

I also get the feeling that they want to make it more 'cinematic' by the choice of the developer and news of the motion capture. IO were so close to hitting the nail on the head with Blood Money, I'd hate to see it back to square one.

Comment

If you're all panicking about that then you really don't want to hear the rumours that it'll be an open world, free roaming jobbie. And no I'm not just posting that to set up some crappy gag about an arse 90's TV programme.

But I am now thinking about Michella Strachan's arse
                              Last edited by Spatial; 12-08-2009, 17:18.

Comment

Working...
                              X