No announcement yet.

Hitman: Absolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay! And here's one of the best songs in the series to celebrate Agent 47's return

I loved Blood Money... no, make that I adored it. Can't wait for this.

Comment

YAY! Its about time they stopped making that Kane & Lynch ****e. Blood Money is the best in the series and one of my favourite games. Really need to play it again!

Comment

I played Blood Money on the original Xbox only last year and I agree it is the best in the series. Must have done some of the missions dozens of times to get the Hitman rating or just to discover the many alternative ways you can complete them. Particularly enjoyed the New Orleans one with the chicken suits but they were all hugely engaging.

Comment

I really liked the mission based at the health spa

This will be the first current gen specific Hitman so I really hope it isn't a cheap and ropey build like the Kane and Lynch games

Comment

This'll be the game that probably keeps IO alive...or kills them.

Kane and Lynch and Mini Ninja's flopped

Comment

What's worrying me is that they're saying there will be significant additions not seen before in the Hitman series. I can think of lots of small changes I'd make to improve the gameplay but I can't imagine what major ones they're considering. I just hope they don't drop the ball and mess this one up.

Comment

I suppose there is the risk of it losing it's planning and failing aspect in favour of a more mainstream game. We'll just have to see. Blood Money was the ultimate assassinate em up, it's gonna be hard to change anything without breaking that level of genius. It'll be nice to have a real next gen hitman though

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                  This'll be the game that probably keeps IO alive...or kills them.

Kane and Lynch and Mini Ninja's flopped
                  Both Kane and Lynch games did sell over a million copies each.

Comment

About f***ing time, too. The last one remains my favourite game this gen. I still go back to it every few months, even though it's mostly boring since I know all the points of interest.

I think this might be covered in the next EDGE magazine – looks like it to me at the back of this month's issue. (Slight hint of lapels in darkness.)

Comment

I know the first one sold well, but the 2nd was reduced to 25% of it's RRP within 30 minutes of going on sale. Perhaps they literally spammed the retailers with a bizzillion copies and out of those 1million of them sold at ?7.99 each

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        I suppose there is the risk of it losing it's planning and failing aspect in favour of a more mainstream game. We'll just have to see. Blood Money was the ultimate assassinate em up, it's gonna be hard to change anything without breaking that level of genius. It'll be nice to have a real next gen hitman though
                        I really hope it doesn't turn into what Splinter Cell has become. I hope they don't simplify things for new players which seems to be the big thing this gen.

Comment

I'm cautiously looking forward to this but after two crappy Kane and Lynch games I'm a tad worried. This should be good, but so should K&L have been given the developer's pedigree.

Comment

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Hitman: Absolution will be aimed at a wider audience than earlier, less forgiving entries in the franchise, developer I…

Comment

Let's hold fire until we hear more details. To be fair, each game has been more accessible than the ones that preceded it. Silent Assassin had lots of controls, where Blood Money simplified with the three controls indicated in the top right.

I found this interesting:

"You get so close to the characters in this game. They all have names, and they have all some kind of part to play in the story, so that they act as believable as possible is the most important thing for us. It's the most central part of the game."

Does that mean to say they going very personal? That is to say that there won't be so many bystanders?

Comment

First Screens

Interview here too
                                Last edited by EvilBoris; 04-06-2011, 13:52.

Comment

Working...
                                X