• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Singstar wireless mic adapter.
    Wireless bluetooth headset charger.
    Time Crisis sensor blocks.
    Play TV.

Those are the 3 items (in addition to the camera) that I wanted rear USB ports for on my ps3.

Comment

What's wrong with plugging them into the front?
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
        What's wrong with plugging them into the front?
        It looks messy.

I personally hate having things hanging out the front

Neil

Comment

This is coming from people who have more cables trailing around than that baddie woman out of Superman 3.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

There's no issues using the front but we used a USB hub on the PS3 and it's just tidier having a rear USB port.

It's a bit like the PS4 power supply not needing an external power brick like the Xbox 1, it's not the sort of thing that makes any difference when buying a console but I'd much prefer not to use a power brick as long as the console is cool enough and quite enough without one.

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
              Sure, In a word. Yes,

It's basically a PS3 in the cloud being streamed to your TV via PS4.
              So if I want to play the PS3 games I already own then I actually still need to keep my PS3?

Ah well was hoping for just one box under the TV but now I'll have to have 2

Just hope that instead of different markets getting different games like they do now we just get one great big PSN store with everything available to everyone.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post

I personally hate having things hanging out the front
                Ooooh errr...

Comment

Just hope that instead of different markets getting different games like they do now we just get one great big PSN store with everything available to everyone.
                  Hope so too, they've over complicated it in the past, making it a bad deal for the consumer.

Comment

Originally posted by 25.05.2005 View Post
                    Ooooh errr...
                    Really should have phrased that better

Originally posted by 25.05.2005 View Post
                    Hope so too, they've over complicated it in the past, making it a bad deal for the consumer.
                    This has been an issue for me from the beginning.
                    I'd love to download more stuff than I do but the whole multiple accounts to access everything just made it too much for me to bother with.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by 85 78 73 81 85 69 View Post
                      Not sure if anybody cares but I suppose it keeps things simple for people who use Netflix and stuff.

Good move. The 360 system of needing gold to access iPlayer and Netflix is an utter piss take.

Comment

So if I want to play the PS3 games I already own then I actually still need to keep my PS3?

Ah well was hoping for just one box under the TV but now I'll have to have 2

Neil
                        You'd be better off keeping your PS3 anyway mate. It won't be as good as using the real thing anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                          You'd be better off keeping your PS3 anyway mate. It won't be as good as using the real thing anyway...
                          Well to be honest there is little reason to sell it anyway.
                          It owes me nothing I've had more than my moneys worth out of it so more than happy to keep it & probably just relegate it to the bedroom when the PS4 lumbers in

Neil

Comment

Don't think it will matter but did anybody hear if region locking was still an option or whether they've just got rid of it completely now.

Which games show follows E3? It'll be interesting to see what people like EA announce when it comes to DRM, region locking and stuff and if they'll do the same on both consoles.

I would have though that Microsoft would be considering an about turn on some stuff but it's going to cost them if they do. Although they've been quite I wouldn't be surprised if EA's friendliness with Microsoft and dropping of the online pass was to do with the DRM that was expected to hit both consoles.

Also, Microsoft had announced that "certain retailers" would accept their used games so deals will have needed to have ben signed already with at least some of those retailers. I can't imagine that bigger retailers like GameStop are going to be happy as they'd have surely been one of the companies that had entered agreements with Microsoft to introduce their infrastructure over the next few months.

Particularly now that what people are understandably estimating will be the console market leader is refusing to use the same DRM measures.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              [COLOR=#333333]

Well that's not right at all. Both the Wii and Wii U launched in the US first
                              WiiU did, Wii didn't. DS did though, and 3DS didn't.

Comment

It's surprising how small they've made it; (if it wasn't for Cell, the PS3 could be much smaller)

Comment

Working...
                                X