No announcement yet.

Playstation 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubisoft CEO says he believes the next gen won't be the last gen.

Comment

I think there was offscreen videos released of this area before but now it has a proper trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        Epic memories. Going to Google that later.
        The whole episodes are on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
          http://www.computerandvideogames.com...l-be-the-last/

Ubisoft CEO says he believes the next gen won't be the last gen.
          Correct. After Next Gen there's DS9, Voyager and then we all go retro for Enterprise.

Comment

Some new and old info.

I like the new way SEN accounts work, you can log into any PS4 to access anything linked to your account . Once you sign out that console loses access to your content.

You nominate one PS4 as your "home" console which gives you permanent access to all your content. All your content is also accessible to any other users that you allow to access it on that console irrelevant of them using their own account.

Comment

Sounds like multiple accounts will work again. Cool

Comment

The only nuance being that it sounds like you will have to be logged into that specific account to play the game (unless it is designated as your Home account), whereas on the PS3 all content is accessible to all accounts. Still, better than the Vita situation.

Comment

Can't remember where I read it but ages ago there was a story that mentioned that your user account could be tied to your DualShock 4 so that it would recognise you if the controller was linked to whichever console you wanted. So if you took it around to a friend's house it would log you in automatically.

That's the only time I've read that and I can't ever remember seeing confirmation from Sony themselves but it would be handy for something like this as you could take your DS4 there and access what Sony seem to now be calling your "digital library". Seems OK but there seems to be far too many issues for it to be that simple.

Comment

Tying your account to a DS4 would be cool. The Wii lets you save Miis onto the remote so who knows?

Comment

Sounds like the good old Dreamcast VMU.

Comment

Although similar things have been done in the past the issues that I was thinking there could be with this is that your entire digital media library is essentially stored on the controller so you could swap controllers with friends and you'd swap libraries.

I know that you could do something similar just by swapping account details but doing it with a controller just seems a little too simple to me.

An article on Gamasutra from the Develop Conference about self publishing on the PS4, seems nice and simple.

Comment

Never did like the DualShock pad for various reasons i.e., analogue sticks are too close together, pad feels cheap, it's too light and has no weight, d-pad is piss-poor, triggers are poorly implemented, select button was unnecessary,. Overall, it is a poor controller.

Nothing much has changed for the DS4. For me personally, the new version of the Dualshock looks like some cheap 3rd party peripheral. The built-in two-point capacitative touch pad is merely a gimmick.

It's a sad state of affairs when a firm can't move on from a poorly designed peripheral, but yet feel they should strip and add to a tiring design.

The DS, it's had a makeover but it's still ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_on_the_Storm View Post
                            Never did like the DualShock pad for various reasons i.e., analogue sticks are too close together, pad feels cheap, it's too light and has no weight, d-pad is piss-poor, triggers are poorly implemented, select button was unnecessary,. Overall, it is a poor controller.

Nothing much has changed for the DS4. For me personally, the new version of the Dualshock looks like some cheap 3rd party peripheral. The built-in two-point capacitative touch pad is merely a gimmick.

It's a sad state of affairs when a firm can't move on from a poorly designed peripheral, but yet feel they should strip and add to a tiring design.

Your basis being?

have you used one yet? If so fair enough

Comment

Yeah, i have actually. As i said, poorly designed peripheral, but yet feel they should strip and add to a tiring design.

It's nothing special, don't go expecting it so...

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_on_the_Storm View Post

I actually like the PS D-Pad. But no doubt the 360 controller was better for most games this gen no question. I've heard great things about the DS4 though, one would assume you've used the controller somewhere? Wouldn't mind hearing your views on exactly what's changed... (I'm being sarcastic of course)

You've mentioned many a time that you don't like PS3/360 and your happy with Wii U games and Steam. So I'll take your opinion with a pinch of salt.

Comment

Working...
                                X