X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the launch day feeling?
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It would be great if you could preorder digital downloads, so the game gets downloaded in the background before release and then unlocked on release day.

With physical copies, most people preorder when they see it online so it automatically gets dispatched on release, rather than because they think they won't get a copy.

Comment

I wouldn't bother

I did the night shift and drove home the day the PS3 was released

Got to the fort in Glasgow and outside Zavvinthere was no queue and you wouldn't have thought a brand new super console had been released

Used my armed forces discount boom!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
          I wouldn't bother

I did the night shift and drove home the day the PS3 was released

Got to the fort in Glasgow and outside Zavvinthere was no queue and you wouldn't have thought a brand new super console had been released

Used my armed forces discount boom!!!!!
          Only a hard ass military man would be seen near The Fort at that time of day!

Comment

Is that case you run into the ehoose posse? ( nasal laugh)

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
              Only a hard ass military man would be seen near The Fort at that time of day!
              Without a pre-order too. That's hardcore.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                For me it's the excitement of a new console, the new features and how the games use them. It's the feeling of being back in 89 when I was one of the first in my school to import a Megadrive, or when I flew home with an NTSC /U Ps3.

I love the hobby, and love new generations. I get a kick out of feeling like I'm experiencing something new and fresh. The best games often don't come for a year, but I still love it!

Comment

Being locked into a games store having forced conversations with mostly geeks who are way too excited about the new console, while you pretend to look interested & feel uncomfortable with the whole atmos, & just want to buy yours & get the hell out of there

Comment

Bah I said zavvi when we all know back then it was virgin megastore

Anyway I did to to a game station for a midnight launch wii as was a birthday gift the next day

Lots of sweaty men stuck in a store that smelt of wee - wasnt pleasant

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
                      Being locked into a games store having forced conversations with mostly geeks who are way too excited about the new console, while you pretend to look interested & feel uncomfortable with the whole atmos, & just want to buy yours & get the hell out of there
                      Brilliant.

Just join in:
                      "First thing I'm going to do when I get home is take mine to bed and cuddle it"
                      "I love Sony so much I decorated my house with PS1 discs"
                      "My bed is made of recycled dualshocks"

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                        It's the feeling of being back in 89 when I was one of the first in my school to import a Megadrive

Wasn't that 24 years ago? Surely you don't still get that excited about a new machine?
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Wasn't that 24 years ago? Surely you don't still get that excited about a new machine?
                          You would think so, but I still do.

Comment

Isn't that why we buy them?

Comment

Exactly. If there wasn't that buzz from it, we'd wait until it was cheaper. For the same reason, I watch all F1 races live or stay up for the Sony E3 event. I could just catch up after a proper nights sleep, but it just isn't the same. It isn't.

Comment

Maybe people get the same excited feeling you get with overpriced trainers and coats :|

Comment

Working...
                                X