No announcement yet.

An Apology (of sorts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest I'm far too close to it and it's too early to really have a good handle on it. It's going to have to run through an awful lot of user testing.

I can see why people expecting a new Fable game might be uninterested, but we're not a one team studio and the fact this is in dev doesn't mean that all Fable games going forward are going to be like this. But there's a line between 'not interested' and 'wanting to kill the developer' that afflicts the Lionhead forum at the moment, hehe.

Comment

Not getting that this is a spin off is as daft as... people not getting that the Wiiu controller isn't the console, lol

As I don't even own Kinect it gives me more time to catch up on Fable 3, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
        To be honest I'm far too close to it and it's too early to really have a good handle on it. It's going to have to run through an awful lot of user testing.

I can see why people expecting a new Fable game might be uninterested, but we're not a one team studio and the fact this is in dev doesn't mean that all Fable games going forward are going to be like this. But there's a line between 'not interested' and 'wanting to kill the developer' that afflicts the Lionhead forum at the moment, hehe.
        For sure that is nuts but that is the beauty of the internet. It allows really thick people so say really stupid stuff. IIRC David Rutter, the producer of Fifa is not allowed on his own forum because of death threats over his game! Madness!

Comment

haha! Flabio, dude!

This was always going to be the reaction we would receive! What were you expecting matey?

No need to get all up tight, and no need to apologise! Think of how people reacted when they heard Metroid Prime was first person,when they saw the visual style of Wind Waker? People always shout before they think, people always over react before experiencing the goods. We know what we are working on is more then what's been shared. Its just a matter of time before we can settle those voices and convince the doubters. I do find it ironic that gamers complain about hand holding yet when it comes to E3 thats exactly what people need!

Regardless, exciting times await!
          ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post
            People always shout before they think, people always over react before experiencing the goods.
            Too true.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post
              People always shout before they think, people always over react before experiencing the goods.
              ...thats the big one for me. People love to tell everyone how great, or bad something is, despite having nothing to go on apart from what everyone else has seen. Kinect of all things is an experience that needs to be judged by playing it, because no matter how good or bad something looks visually, the experience is about how well it is coded...how well it actually works.

As for the new Fable game, it's probably not aimed at me, but I'll take a look. That there is called being open minded...the world could try it from time to time.

I'll just get down from my high horse. Get it? Sorry.

FWIW I don't think Flabio needs to apologise.

Comment

Working...
              X