This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    wwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttttt fffffffffffffgggggggggggggggg? 22nd Nov?
    Obviously "out now for Christmas" but.... where's the hype? Will anyone notice?

Maybe they are counting on a recession. Everyone will buy a "cheap" WiiU for Christmas and then not have any money to buy other consoles, thus winning the race immediately.
    This is Nintendo though. Im sure our idea of "cheap" is not Nintendos idea of cheap, despite the aged off the shelf innards yet again. Im guessing ?299 probably.

Comment

Ninty keep harping on about it being affordable , so lets hope that it isnt anywhere near ?299

Comment

?249.99 is being banded about as the likeliest, though if they managed to nail ?199.99 they'd be onto a winner

Comment

Yes nintendo dont do cheap as we know New Super mario bros 2 on the e shop will be ?40 compared to around 30 for a cartridge copy, i dont think they will ever learn.

Comment

I suspect it'll be priced at ?249-?299 without a bundled game.

Unfortunately, Nintendo are making the same massive mistake with the WiiU as they did the 3DS. The average consumer is not going to understand, from the branding and design, that this is a whole new hardware format.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
              Yes nintendo dont do cheap as we know New Super mario bros 2 on the e shop will be ?40 compared to around 30 for a cartridge copy, i dont think they will ever learn.
              Both Microsoft's and Sony's games are way over-priced on Live/PSN compared to prices of online retailers for physical copies so I don't see how that's just Nintendo.

Also have to laugh at the internet nerd outrage for the price at Eurogamer. Are people too fat or lazy to walk to the store or can't wait few days to order it online? What exactly is the problem here? If people won't buy it for ?40 Nintendo will lower the price eventually, if people do buy it for ?40 then Nintendo are correct to ask that much.
              Last edited by Guts; 13-08-2012, 12:43.

Comment

It'll be out towards the end of November and the hype and advertising will start in September.

Trust me.

Comment

After being a early adopter of a 3DS this will have to be ?199 before I touch it, or at least ?250 with a decent enough game. The fact it looks like a Wii though isnt going to win them any sales with mums/dads etc who wont know the difference.

Comment

I reckon bundle it with Nintendo Land for ?250 and jobs a goodun

Comment

There also won't be anything new for the system from Capcom at Gamescom

Comment

Originally posted by Grapple Convoy View Post
                        Unfortunately, Nintendo are making the same massive mistake with the WiiU as they did the 3DS. The average consumer is not going to understand, from the branding and design, that this is a whole new hardware format.
                        This.
                        After the 3DS's marketing difficulties, I was convinced that the Wii U was going to get a name change at this year's E3. Even the uninteresting "Wii 2" would be miles better in my opinion.

Comment

Batman: Arkham City Armoured Edition box art revealed

As well as artwork for the more conservative, cleavageless Catwoman

Comment

Brief preview on the WiiU version of Ninja Gaiden 3

And Nintendo responds to claims of milking the NSMB series. Iwata says there's only 1 per system and that will remain meaning the upcoming WiiU one should be the last for a while. He says NSMB2 and NSMBWiiU are very different experiences. Believe him, I do not.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                              After being a early adopter of a 3DS this will have to be ?199 before I touch it, or at least ?250 with a decent enough game. The fact it looks like a Wii though isnt going to win them any sales with mums/dads etc who wont know the difference.
                              Yeah, it looks like the Wii but with rounder courners, and just adding a U to the name doesn't seem like a good idea.

I think the controller looks ridiculously cumbersome. I imagine the system will sell well, based on the fact that the general public seem to love any opportunity to get excited about new tech these days. Nintendo are lucky that a new Xbox isn't coming out this year or next.

If Nintendo deliver a new F-Zero, Pilotwings, Star Fox, I will buy a U.

A new Actraiser from Enix would also be nice.

Comment

date and price are expected to be announced at a press conference next month on the 13th in new york.

Comment

Working...
                                X