Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds like they've made the gamepad on the cheap, probably to keep costs down.

Comment

We've known the Gamepad has a resistive screen for a really long time now. It's not going to be anything like an iPad, it's a durable and relatively low cost toy designed for children primarily.

I think the Wii U is going to be great - eventually. I won't be picking one up at launch like I would normally, there just doesn't seem any point. When the next true 3D Mario game is released I'll buy one. I imagine that Mario Kart will be around then too, and those together will make it worthwhile.

But I'm not playing another ****ing minigame collection, I just can't stand it.

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
        Triggers are not analogue, no proper racing / flight sim games for then WiiU then, which is a missed opportunity, and quite a big ommission.
        The game pad does have a extension port, and since the size of the gamepad is kind off big, it can be used as a steering wheel, as it has enough sensors and stuff inside. This means if third parties, like logitech, are clever they just need to release a mount and pedals for the gamepad. The cost should be far less than other console steering wheels we have today.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornflakes View Post
          The game pad does have a extension port, and since the size of the gamepad is kind off big, it can be used as a steering wheel, as it has enough sensors and stuff inside. This means if third parties, like logitech, are clever they just need to release a mount and pedals for the gamepad. The cost should be far less than other console steering wheels we have today.
          That's not really the point though is it. All modern controllers have analogue triggers, even the gamecube had them. I assume the Pro controller does though so not all bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
            We've known the Gamepad has a resistive screen for a really long time now.
            Have we? I kinda assumed it would be because it's Nintendo and they're a bit stupid at times but I don't remember any concrete info coming out up til now.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
              At the moment I have no interest at all in pre-ordering. Pikmin looks nice but it's not a system seller for me and the rest of the games just make me feel sad. For the first time I think I'll be sitting on the fence for a while. Either that or I'll get new machine fever a bit nearer the release date.
              Me too.

I left the 3DS out until quite a few months after, I was pleasently suprised when I picked it up, free of hype or expectation.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                360p? that's ridiculous, even my 2 years old smartphone has a 480p resolution.
                What phone is that?
                What you have to remember is that it does have to stream live video to the controller wirelessley with as little latency as possibly. The more you increase the resolution the more data needs to the sent and the more problems that can occur. Not only that, but for every extra pixel you have on the screen you have to have the WiiU render that too, which in itself puts more strain on the machine.

The PPI of that resolution on the Wii U pad at that resolution is about 40% higher than a DSlite.

Comment

From somebody who has actually tried the controller: "If there's a standout feature of the Wii U controller it would have to be its 6.2" LCD touch screen, with vibrant colours and crystal-clear sharpness. You'll be hard-pressed to tell the difference between the HDTV you're playing on and the GamePad screen itself."

So let's save the internet raging for when we actually know what we're talking about.

Comment

The Wii U doesn't need Mario or Star Fox, cos it's got Black Ops 2!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                      We don't need mega resolution for a tiny screen like that.
                      who is talking mega resolution? if we are supposed to play HD games (720p upwards) on the tablet controller's screen a 360p display is clearly not sufficient. even a 480p screen would have to sacrifice a lot of details.

there's speculation that it will feature a QHD display like the Vita has.
                      Last edited by Uli; 11-06-2012, 17:16.

Comment

Well as most games are going to be using it exlcluvely for Radars and in game maps, it's hardly a problem is it.

Watch this Youtube Video of Batman, it's 360p by default.
                        On a fairly standard monitor that little box will be about the same size as the Wii-U controller screen.

Looks just like the game I played on 360, just in a small box.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex WS View Post
                          The Wii U doesn't need Mario or Star Fox, cos it's got Black Ops 2!
                          I guess we won't be seeing a Wii or NDS version then ^^
                          Actually I would be interested if it uses the Wii U Zapper, that new one with IR camera, that was shown last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornflakes View Post
                            Actually I would be interested if it uses the Wii U Zapper, that new one with IR camera, that was shown last year.
                            Yeah that would be amazing. Would be like playing in a 360 degree environment where you actually need to turn around in real life. Could be possible without the zapper too, simply holding the Wii U gamepad in front of you. Add a calorie counter to the action, and you have an addictive way to get a tiny bit fitter. Can imagine the Elite functions being even better on the gamepad too, especially if we get some Miiverse functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                              Well as most games are going to be using it exlcluvely for Radars and in game maps, it's hardly a problem is it.
                              hardly a problem? i guess this depends on your preference. if you are fine with a screen that's supposed to handle HD games but can actually just display youtube standard video without sacrificing details, then, well, i may call you a very forgiving and technically undemanding gamer. but that's not the Boris i used to know

Comment

Well I might always be wrong, 360p was just a guess.

You never told me what phone you had!

Comment

Working...
                                X