Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And that is why you shouldn't listen to game Reps.

Originally posted by WiiUDaily
    Speaking to a Nintendo representative on the E3 show floor today, I was told that all of the playable Wii U games at E3 will ship with native 720p support, including Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros, and Pikmin 3. However, the representative said that some of those titles, like Pikmin 3, will run at 60 frames per second

Comment

I heard that when the game actually ships, it will indeed be 60fps, and not 30 like it is now.

Comment

I can live with Pikmin being 30, the original one was.

Comment

Shopto have it up for preorder at ?279

Comment

Yeah i saw that this morning they seem pretty certain of price. Hopefully this will be the maximum it will cost, with any luck it will be less. I wonder if nintendo will go for world wide release window?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
              No official confirmation, but based off this picture

which shows a native 720p shot of pikmin.

The map screen is 640*360ish when I crop it in photoshop, which is exactly 1/4 of 720p.

That is the same resolution as 1/4 of a screen were you say playing splitscreen as depicted in this shot
              so i take it your guess is a 720p screen resolution? that's fine by me, i just hope it's not anything below like the Vita's screen.

Comment

No, his guess is 640x360, which scales really well with 720, and to a lesser extent 1080.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Ive been hovering over the pre-order button all morning... but so many of the launch games will have already been out on other consoles :/

Comment

I preordered with a view to cancelling if nothing decent gets announced for soonish after launch. Stop testing me Nintendo!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex WS View Post
                      No, his guess is 640x360, which scales really well with 720, and to a lesser extent 1080.
                      360p? that's ridiculous, even my 2 years old smartphone has a 480p resolution.

Comment

Should be more than enough for its uses, and it will still have a higher pixel density than any tv out there. Cost of hardware and battery life needs to be taken into consideration, can't have it all you know. And as we are simply talking about the number of pixels, and not how it displays its content, the "p" behind the numbers is superfluous... (and I can't imagine the controller showing anything interlaced for that matter)

Comment

We don't need mega resolution for a tiny screen like that.

Comment

720x480 res i reckon.

Comment

CVG have done a writeup on the Gamepad ...

Lowlights for me are:

Resistive Screen by the looks of it, which is odd considering that videos of people using it don't seem to have the same issue that is usually associated with these types of screens.

Triggers are not analogue, no proper racing / flight sim games for then WiiU then, which is a missed opportunity, and quite a big ommission.

Comment

At the moment I have no interest at all in pre-ordering. Pikmin looks nice but it's not a system seller for me and the rest of the games just make me feel sad. For the first time I think I'll be sitting on the fence for a while. Either that or I'll get new machine fever a bit nearer the release date.

Comment

Working...
                                X