Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo could be onto a total winer with this, i'm geuinely excited for E3 now.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
      Nintendo could be onto a total winer with this, i'm geuinely excited for E3 now.
      Which is usually when Ninty screws it up ... Personally I am not expecting much from Ninty at E3, that way if they do surprise me then its a bonus

Comment

I'm actually a tiny bit excited by this (which is a big deal as I'm a jaded old git) but does anyone else see this as an admission of failure? It's like with the wii they said "we should play games like this! Not with two analog sticks!". And now it's "ok, we were wrong last time. How about this then?" lol

I'd love to know the actual hardware spec in the wiiu.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
          I'm actually a tiny bit excited by this (which is a big deal as I'm a jaded old git) but does anyone else see this as an admission of failure? It's like with the wii they said "we should play games like this! Not with two analog sticks!". And now it's "ok, we were wrong last time. How about this then?" lol

Thats the beauty...they still have their gimmick, but havent forced silly control methods on anyone this time around.

Thats one of the exciting things, and i can see this getting much more 3rd party support too.

Comment

I have a really hard time seeing this getting any 3rd party support one year later. It will be like the Dreamcast, the next gen consoles will just trounce it in terms of specs.

Comment

It will get lots of 3rd party support, i can even see nintendo stepping back to let 3rd parties have sales while they work on 1st party games.

Yes maybe the new xbox and new ps might be more powerful, but ninendo have innovation and the franchises far better than anything sega ever had, and ms and sony have.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post

No, I don't think so at all. If they had then Skyward Sword would have had classic controller support and it was a better game not having it. Seeing as they are saying that the Wii U works with all current Wii add ons I would say it is more a meet in the middle situation, with an iPad for good measure.

Comment

But wiiu games will be designed for the new controller no? Not the old wiimote and nun chuck? Or am I misunderstanding it all?

Comment

It is compatible with the old nunchucks etc, mainly for Backwards compatibility, but developers do have the option to make Wii-U specific games that work with the older peripherals.

Can't really see that happening a great deal though.

Comment

As far as I know the Wii U will come boxed with both a Wiimote and a Nunchuk. And since many of the demonstration videos Nintendo had at E3 showed them in use, I reckon lots of games will use them. Eiji Aonuma has also said that the next Zelda will use the same control setup as Skyward Sword.

Comment

I would imagine the motion plus will become standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex WS View Post
                          As far as I know the Wii U will come boxed with both a Wiimote and a Nunchuk. And since many of the demonstration videos Nintendo had at E3 showed them in use, I reckon lots of games will use them. Eiji Aonuma has also said that the next Zelda will use the same control setup as Skyward Sword.
                          Ah cool, didn't know that.

Comment

So for the next Zelda on the new console they are going to use the old controller system and not make use of the new WiiU controller with it's screen etc?

Something wrong there methinks, unless I have misinterpreted what you meant.

Comment

lol exactly what I thought Faderman.

Comment

I don't see how there is something wrong. The Skyward Sword control system was superb for a Zelda game. With some minor tweaking it could be even better and using a tablet based control system would just be a step back. After all the tablet is just a controller with a built in screen.

With Zelda, motion plus tracking in the nunchuck for full shield control would be brilliant. Doubt that would happen though.

Comment

Working...
                                X