X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess at a price under ?200

Comment

I am going be cautious over this one and assume Ninty are going to stiff us again in good old blighty.

Jan 2013 - ?250

Comment

more crucially for me is the native resolution of the tablet controller. any info yet?

Comment

No official confirmation, but based off this picture

which shows a native 720p shot of pikmin.

The map screen is 640*360ish when I crop it in photoshop, which is exactly 1/4 of 720p.

That is the same resolution as 1/4 of a screen were you say playing splitscreen as depicted in this shot

Last edited by EvilBoris; 08-06-2012, 13:39.

Comment

Im going to go with a very tiny preorder only run before xmas this year,Ill go with December 14 and ill say ?219.99 and there will be a SKU that has the pro controller with it for ?249.99

cex price will be ?495 as there will be none in normal shops

Comment

USA: November 19, 2012

JPN December 2, 2012

EU December 8, 2012

They'll be my guesses (original Wii dates).

Comment

I will say ?299.99 for console and pad.
                Pad will be ?69.99
                Pro pad ?34.99
                December for EU.

Comment

I'd rather have 60fps than 1080p.

Comment

I'm guessing $300 for NA. Games are all pricing $60 it seems (although I have my Pikmin 3 pre-ordered for $35 )

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris View Post
                      I'd rather have 60fps than 1080p.
                      One thing Nintendo tend to offer is rock solid frame rates.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                        One thing Nintendo tend to offer is rock solid frame rates.
                        Wouldn't get too used to it, Nintendo have already confirmed not all games are.

NSMBU is 30 for example. I mean, I can understand why, it's pretty graphically intense with as many as 20 square blocks on screen at once.

Comment

For something like NSMBU why does it need to be a high framerate? I have never had any issue playing at 30, did we have 60 on the SNES and NES?

I think most games won't be guarenteed 60 due to the Wii U rendering an extra screen or two on the controllers. I do think the Wii U will be good but I think the screen controllers should always be optional.

Comment

99% of 2D SNES games were 60fps and so were loads of NES games, all the Marios are. NSMBU will look poor at 30fps due to it being essentially a flat side scroller.

Oh dear.

Comment

Erm this says that NSMB U was locked at 60fps...

Comment

Originally posted by parkinho View Post
                                Erm this says that NSMB U was locked at 60fps...
                                So it bloody well should be lol. hardly a game that should tax the wiiU.

Comment

Working...
                                X