Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would take anything from the devs of Metro with a huge pinch of salt. On PC that Metro game is a huge CPU hog. I think it's been programmed weirdly cos even super high end machines struggle with it on benchmarks.
    I would take Randy's word over his any day of the week

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
      Reading this thread really does raise the thought that expectations of WiiU are heavily off base. How the WiiU will tackle PS4 games and XB3 games ports is easy.... it won't. It's going to be much the same as this gen only the visual gap might be less pronounced as the difference per gen gets narrower. It's a Nintendo home console. If you own another next gen machine you wouldn't be buying the WiiU version anyway and if you only own a WiiU you don't have much other option but get what you're given. It's all about how well dev's utilise it for the exclusives. The Wii was more capable than it showed but debs couldn't be bothered to use it as the costs wasn't warranted. Bemoaning that it's less powerful than the upcoming bew machines or might have slightly weaker ports from 2 machines that won't even be around anymore is a waste of time. It won't affect WiiU's sales or change the machine we have.

As with almost every gen the only question is do you want the format exclusives it will recieve enough to buy one?

If it's no, wait for the next machines, if yes enjoy its only 9 days away and crack on

Probably the most sensible thing said in this thread to date

Comment

As with almost every gen the only question is do you want the format exclusives it will recieve enough to buy one?

If it's no, wait for the next machines, if yes enjoy its only 9 days away and crack on
        My answer is yes, probably, but I'll have til wait more than 9 days

Comment

I'm going to try one in a shop. If its good ill get one when Pikmin 3 comes out. If not ill get one when the Wii-(something 2) comes out for like ?50 (like 2016 or something)

Comment

Well as i have have said in a previous post, if like me you approach the Wii U not expecting anything next gen but probably at least to the standard of what we currently have then i am more than happy with Wii U. At the moment its the newest piece of kit on the market, perhaps not technically but all the same its still offering something quite different to anything else available. I am not by any stretch of the imagination expecting versions of games to the same levels of quality than those potential games of Xbox3 or PS4, im expecting Nintendo to go there own way just as they did with Wii.

I am almost pretty certain that by this time next year, with at least one new console about to make its debut then that console will inevitably most likely become my main console, and my Wii U will become the same console as the Wii was, a console with brilliant first party software from Nintendo and hopefully a few good games from 3rd parties.

But until that moment, im going to buy and enjoy Wii U and support it by buying games for it. As long as multiparty games are at least to the quality of Xbox/PS3 then i will be buying them for Wii U i.e Aliens Colonial Marines. If they turn out to be poor versions then i wont blindly buy them for Wii U.

Comment

Spoilers!

Wii system transfer in progress:

Comment

Kryss, have you got any other wii u games besides tank tank tank and Nano Assault? I'd be interested in hearing your views on them if you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryss View Post
                  Spoilers!

Wii system transfer in progress:
                  Best launch title? lol

Comment

Reading this thread really does raise the thought that expectations of WiiU are heavily off base. How the WiiU will tackle PS4 games and XB3 games ports is easy.... it won't. It's going to be much the same as this gen only the visual gap might be less pronounced as the difference per gen gets narrower. It's a Nintendo home console. If you own another next gen machine you wouldn't be buying the WiiU version anyway and if you only own a WiiU you don't have much other option but get what you're given. It's all about how well dev's utilise it for the exclusives. The Wii was more capable than it showed but debs couldn't be bothered to use it as the costs wasn't warranted. Bemoaning that it's less powerful than the upcoming bew machines or might have slightly weaker ports from 2 machines that won't even be around anymore is a waste of time. It won't affect WiiU's sales or change the machine we have.

yes, which alienates itself in the future from the very ports its having to launch with

If its just another Nintendo home console, whats the point over the wii? An HD output (whoopy doop) the 360 had this in 2005 and a new controller that looks like a sega nomad?

will still probably buy one at some stage :-)

why shouldnt gamers expect more from Nintendo, from a technical viewpoint? Its rolling onto 2013 now....

Comment

I disagree. The controller looks more like one of the crappier portable N64 mods.

Comment

All the talk in this thread reminds of the furious debates we had 20 years ago on the sandbox. Except now most of us are near 30 and over.

"Mega Drive is better than SNES because it has Blast Processing!!"

"No, moron! SNES is better, it can do Mode-7!!!"

When has raw power = good system in the console gaming? Never actually, if you look at the sales at least. PS2 won last gen even though it was crap compared to Gamecube and even more the Xbox. SNES won Neo Geo and Jaguar etc.

Personally I don't really give a crap what the Wii U has inside it, the games are all that matters (and for launch there isn't anything for me really). The games decide which next gen console is good and which isn't, it's as simple as that. I presume they all will offer some stellar games.
                        Last edited by Guts; 21-11-2012, 15:25.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                          I disagree. The controller looks more like one of the crappier portable N64 mods.

Lol - nail on the head!

Comment

What Guts says about it being about the games is totally true of course. Thing is, aside form Mario Galaxy for me Nintendo have been failing to deliver in recent years. Mario Kart (one of my fave series) on Wii was poor. Mind you Metroid was good on Wii. Hmmmm. Maybe they can deliver the goods. I'll hold off though. There's no rush.

Comment

Nintendo didn't make Metroid on the Wii though.

I don't care if the power isn't there (I've said many times they could have stopped making new consoles several generations ago and still be making 10/10 games), but there are problems when they, for some reason, insist on trying to do things that the system isn't built for. Like Dead Rising on the Wii.

Comment

Sorry, I mean Nintendo specific franchises. Games you'd have to buy a Nintendo box for if you wanted to play them.

Comment

Working...
                                X