Zelda Wind Waker 1080p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grapple Convoy View Post
    I think it does. If Ocarina of Time hadn't existed (or it hadn't existed in the form it actually took), then Wind Waker fits into the 'look' of all the preceding games in the Zelda series. Objectively, it's Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess that are the odd games out of the series, having more western-influenced fantasy visuals.
    Hmmm, I couldn't agree with that at all. Ocarina of Time Link to me is pretty clearly the natural evolution of the character with Wind Waker being the over-stylised, 'try to do something different' entry. There was an old Miyamoto quote where he said he'd always envisoned Zelda being in 3D, and with the N64 it finally looked how he'd imagined it. If he'd wanted it to look more cartoony, I'm sure it would've done even with the hardware limitations of the N64.

But hey, we all have different opinions of what Zelda should be. If it wasn't for the huge head and freaky snake eyes, and if they toned done his expressions and reactions, I'd probably be more keen on WW Link.

Comment

I think WW's graphics suits Zelda better than TP's more, as Matt puts it, Dark serious look. Wind Waker is unbelieveably good looking, and in a hobby where graphics are mostly outdone by technology it's one of the few games that actually stands the test of time. In fact it is up there with Okami and Rez for timeless 3D titles.

Keep an eye out on deadendthrills.com for how good Gamecube games can look (the guy does all formats, new and old games). Unfortunately he has taken down all the Wind Waker shots as he is going to redo them all, so have a random Killer 7 shot in its place.

Comment

Some of last gens games look stunning on emulators. Dragon Quest VIII is another one that looks absolutely amazing maxed out (assuming you have the juice to run it).

As for Wind Waker, I've played around on the starting area on Dolphin and yeah, it looks stunning I'm just waiting till I get a new HDTV before playing through it again.

Comment

Working...
        X