Supermodel 0.2a now released! (0.3a WIP now on SVN) - Sega Model 3 Emulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supermodel 0.2a now released! (0.3a WIP now on SVN) - Sega Model 3 Emulator

New version of Supermodel is now out.Deserves it's own thread because of the substantial improvements.Music now added, performance much increased over 0.1, ANALOG CONTROLS! This now means there's a perfectly playable Scud Race and Le Mans 24 Hours on PC.Game support added for Spikeout as well.Go grab it - www.supermodel3.com.
    Last edited by Silvergun X; 13-05-2012, 15:58.

Cool! I used to love Le Mans on the DC, didn't even know there was an arcade version of it. Love the name of the emulator too .

Comment

Completely different game. The Le Mans 24 hours game in arcade was purely Sega - Never got a home conversion

Comment

What kind of specs do you need for a PC to run this decently?

Comment

Ohoho, it has a Mac version, downloading now.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
            What kind of specs do you need for a PC to run this decently?
            Nothing too beafy by the looks of it, my cruddy Mac can run it full screen/fullres/full speed.

I'd love to get some AA going, need to mess around with it some more tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks for the info, will try it out soon. Can't wait to (hopefully) play Daytona after all these years, never liked the DC version for some reason.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on this

Not getting anything like 60fps on my PC. Scud Race hovers around the 30fps mark but Le Mans 24 is completely unplayable for me

Anyone managed to reassign the controls so they work with a 360 pad? At the moment steering and acceleration/braking are both on the left analogue stick. Want to move the throttle and brake to the triggers but can't make sense of the instructions

Comment

Originally posted by BearBoy View Post
                  Thanks for the heads up on this

Not getting anything like 60fps on my PC. Scud Race hovers around the 30fps mark but Le Mans 24 is completely unplayable for me

Anyone managed to reassign the controls so they work with a 360 pad? At the moment steering and acceleration/braking are both on the left analogue stick. Want to move the throttle and brake to the triggers but can't make sense of the instructions
                  Have you tried reducing the PPC Frequency? Scud Race apparently works well with the command -ppc-frequency=25

This halves the clock speed so the game is more likely to slow down during busy moments, but doesn't take so much processing power to run so you'll get a nice little performance boost out of it.

If you want to assign inputs to an xbox 360 pad, do the command 'supermodel -config-inputs -input-system=xinput'.

Use up and down on your keyboard until you get to the Racing Inputs, and press Enter on the inputs you want to configure. You can then assign the acceleration and brake to the triggers.

Make sure you press Q to exit the input configuration and not Esc. Q will save, Esc will not.

Load the game as 'supermodel roms/scud.zip -ppc-frequency=25 -input-system=xinput' and you're sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
                    Have you tried reducing the PPC Frequency? Scud Race apparently works well with the command -ppc-frequency=25

This halves the clock speed so the game is more likely to slow down during busy moments, but doesn't take so much processing power to run so you'll get a nice little performance boost out of it.

If you want to assign inputs to an xbox 360 pad, do the command 'supermodel -config-inputs -input-system=xinput'.

Use up and down on your keyboard until you get to the Racing Inputs, and press Enter on the inputs you want to configure. You can then assign the acceleration and brake to the triggers.

Make sure you press Q to exit the input configuration and not Esc. Q will save, Esc will not.

Load the game as 'supermodel roms/scud.zip -ppc-frequency=25 -input-system=xinput' and you're sorted.
                    Cheers Silvergun, I'll give that a try.

Comment

Does Star Wars Trilogy work properly now?

Comment

you have to let the attract sequence run for a bit before you start the game, but yes. It works perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
                          you have to let the attract sequence run for a bit before you start the game, but yes. It works perfectly
                          Damn, hope my laptop will run it. It will look sweet on the projector.

Comment

I get slowdown on some cutscenes and certain levels. Looks like I'll need to buy a new pc.

Comment

Try reducing the ppc frequency when you launch and see if that helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X