Smackdown 5 : HCTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by martTM
    Not sure I agree with that - having the Legion Of Doom, old-school Undertaker and Ted DiBiase is great.
    Those ones are good I must admitt, but when I think of classic wrestlers I think of Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior etc, so I was a bit disapointed when I heard they wern't gonna be there.

Comment

Originally posted by dragz
      Not sure I agree with that - having the Legion Of Doom, old-school Undertaker and Ted DiBiase is great.
      Those ones are good I must admitt, but when I think of classic wrestlers I think of Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior etc, so I was a bit disapointed when I heard they wern't gonna be there.
      I think those respective wrestlers' issues with the WWE management probably had a greater say in their exclusion to be honest.

Comment

Ultimate Warrior was expected, but Acclaim offered him more money.

Additionally Hulk Hogan is currently under contract with Acclaim, as are Bret Hart, Andre the Giant (thanks to his estate) and many others.

Once a wrestler leaves the WWE, his image is pretty much his and as such regardless of whether a wrestler leaves under a cloud (as was the case with Hogan and the still-included Roddy Piper) or on a high, they can licence their image to anyone they want. With some more time under thir belt and a few extra dollars, I'd expect next years legend mode to be much expanded.

To whoever asked, the review is submitted and should be going up once it's been pawed through by our NTSC-UK editing mongoose.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
          Originally posted by dragz
          I think those respective wrestlers' issues with the WWE management probably had a greater say in their exclusion to be honest.
          There are pics of Hogan in the game:

but he was taken out because Vince hates him.

Also, Warrior was too busy signing up for Legends Of Arse... sorry, Wrestling: Showdown, so that ruled him out. Personally, I'd like to have seen all the wrestlers from Wrestlefest in there - Jake The Snake Roberts (my fave), old-school Big Boss Man, Mr Perfect (as a tribute), Earthquake and, of course, the mighty Demolition. Now THAT would kick arse. In the meantime though, I'll have to make do with playing Wrestlefest on my Xbox... 8)

Comment

Working...
          X