No announcement yet.

GCD: Games Chart Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spin-off zombie shooter Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City has entered the Japanese software chart at number one in …

New Japanese charts are out and...

Software

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City opens big and Mario Party does the business once again

01 - Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (Capcom, PS3): 252,525 - NEW
    02 - Mario Party 9 (Nintendo, Wii): 152,883 - NEW
    03 - Fire Emblem: Awakening (Nintendo, 3DS): 60,313 (302,913)
    04 - Ciel Nosurge: Ushinawareta Hoshi e Sasagu Uta (Gust, Vita): 33,324 - NEW
    05 - Conception: Please Give Birth to My Child! (Spike Chunsoft, PSP): 29,846 - NEW
    06 - Steins;Gate Hiyoku Renri no Darling (5pb., PSP): 24,849 - NEW
    07 - Idolmaster Anime & G4U! Pack Vol.7 (Namco Bandai, PS3): 17,314 - NEW
    08 - Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (Capcom, Xbox 360): 16,285 - NEW
    09 - Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo, 3DS): 15,696 (1,534,999)
    10 - Dynasty Warriors VS (Tecmo Koei, 3DS): 15,578 - NEW

Hardware

No big shifts this week, the only notable change being the Vita's slight improvement due to the release of Cile Nosurge

01 - 3DS: 74,282 (84,760)
    02 - PSP: 22,457 (11,779)
    03 - PlayStation 3: 21,114 (16,390)
    04 - Vita: 12,299 (8206)
    05 - Wii: 9200 (7025)
    06 - PlayStation 2: 1395 (1172)
    07 - Xbox 360: 1327 (1282)
    08 - DSi XL: 895 (760)
    09 - DSi: 717 (516)

Comment

Code of Princess dropped straight out again

Comment

Widely-loathed zombie shooter Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City has sold around 2 million units worldwide since lau…

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City has reached sales of 2 million

Comment

This weeks UK Chart and Rebellion finally has a hit:

01 - Sniper Elite V2
          02 - Prototype 2
          03 - FIFA 12
          04 - FIFA Street
          05 - Mass Effect 3
          06 - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13
          07 - Kinect Star Wars
          08 - Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
          09 - Battlefield 3
          10 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Comment

So glad i import, although saying that the Jpn charts aren't much better, same kind of setup.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
              http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-top-2-million

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City has reached sales of 2 million
              Just goes to show you that you can slap **** in a box & it'll sell regardless.
              Last edited by importaku; 08-05-2012, 20:38.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post

01 - Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (Capcom, PS3): 252,525 - NEW
                That's a lot of disappointed people. ;0

Comment

Always love it when people get snidey because a game they didn't like sold copies. 100% satisfaction with this purchase from me and my gaming group, also brings me great satisfaction that one of the small handful of games each year that actually does something novel and interesting in the multiplayer space sold well.

Comment

From Software's superb action role-playing game Dark Souls sold over a million copies in the West, Namco Bandai has rev…

More sales figures arrive for Western territories:

-Dark Souls: 1.19m
                    -Ace Combat: Assault Horizon: 1.07m
                    -Dragon Ball Ultimate Blast: 0.7m
                    -Soul Calibur V: 0.69m

Ace Combat did well for Namco Bandai whilst SCV tailed behind its predecessor. The most notable game is Dark Souls, it's still slightly behind Demon Souls sales figures which, whilst strong enough to mean a third game will arrive in the future, suggest that the series lost a lot of followers between installments and made the difference up by going multi-format.

Comment

So, Kid Icarus can be considered a bomb then as it only sold around 250k units. That's a damn shame.

In 10 years no one will bother to make good games anymore apart from maybe Mario, as good games don't seem to sell all that well.

Comment

It is a divisive game and it’s not a surprise to see those numbers.

The reviews are split as although it’s clearly been made with a lot of love and it’s by no means bad, it does have control issues, it is uncomfortable to play in long periods and it arguably does nothing new.

Considering the advertising and the split reviews, it’s not done too bad.

Comment

That's not true, SFxT sold like crap - but it is crap.

Actually that doesn't contradict what you said.

Comment

Originally posted by averybluemonkey View Post
                            Always love it when people get snidey because a game they didn't like sold copies. 100% satisfaction with this purchase from me and my gaming group, also brings me great satisfaction that one of the small handful of games each year that actually does something novel and interesting in the multiplayer space sold well.
                            Good for you! There are some utter **** games that I like too! Operation Racoon though is not one of them.

Comment

You misunderstand me, I'm not complaining because someone doesn't like a game that I do. Nothing like that at all.

What I found annoying was someone speaking on behalf of others, assuming that everyone else shares their opinion. Sure express your own opinion, but don't assume it applies to others.

Comment

Two big sales news chunks today:

JAPANESE CHART

First Software Top 10 which has seen Nintendo once again take 8 of the 10 spots as Mario Party 9 does the business

01 - Mario Party 9 (Nintendo, Wii) - 144,585 (Life to date: 297,468; -5%)
                                02 - Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (Capcom, PS3) - 52,428 / 304,953 (-79%)
                                03 - Fire Emblem: Awakening (Nintendo, 3DS) - 42,347 (345,260; -30%)
                                04 - Super Mario Land 3D (Nintendo, 3DS) - 28,528 (1,563,527; +82%)
                                05 - Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 3DS) - 22,881 (1,695,305; +96%)
                                06 - Kid Icarus: Uprising (Nintendo, 3DS) - 18,788 (261,883; +63%)
                                07 - Monster Hunter 3 G (Capcom, 3DS) - 16,496 (1,433,370; +21%)
                                08 - Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Nintendo, 3DS) - 13,810 (157,337; re-entry)
                                09 - Conception: Please Have My Children! (Spike, PSP) - 10,193 (40,039; -66%)
                                10 - Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo, Wii) - 10,058 (935,555; +61%)

Hardware wise the 3DS see's its share grow once again. Vita takes a slight downturn heading back towards the sub-10k marker

01 - 3DS: 91,868 (Last week: 74,282)
                                02 - PlayStation 3: 23,478 (21,114)
                                03 - PSP: 20,033 (22,457)
                                04 - Wii: 15,789 (9200)
                                05 - Vita: 10,584 (12,299)
                                06 - PlayStation 2: 1611 (1395)
                                07 - Xbox 360: 1420 (1327)
                                08 - DSi XL: 1097 (895)
                                09 - DSi: 814 (717)

The next sales news is related to Modern Warfare 3

The State of Elite and MW3

The Call of Duty Elite service now has 10 million registered users, two million of which are paid-up premium subscriber…

Elite has amassed 10 million users or which 2 million are now paid subscribers. The franchise as a whole now has 40 million active users per month

Recent data that showed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 sales are markedly slower than Black Ops at equivalent times in …

Recent reports said that MW3 sales were slightly behind those of Black Ops however the games Producer disagree's saying that sales of COD are becoming increasingly front-loaded as players anticipate the launch rather than getting into it later on. Therefore the games would sell more at launch and less in the tail end of their life as a new installment looms. By that theory he's expecting MW3 to eventually overtake Black Ops sales however, I'd presume the release of the next COD would cut that chance short as players move on again. Most likely, is MW is no longer the lead franchise branch and BO has taken over. He also suggested a Modern Warfare 4 is likely.

Comment

Working...
                                X