This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    Makes me sad that the importing part of video gaming will be systematically killed off with home consoles (at least in xbox one) via internet checking and the thorough locking of systems to regions. I just hope Sony are taking thorough notes on what not to do and keep the region system exactly the same as ps3 for the few people left that want to import.
    I was hoping that the 'games being locked to your account' thing would mean it would be import-friendly, but the more I hear the more I am doubting that to be the case. Bollocks.

Comment

Let's be honest, a few great exclusives, and many of us in this thread will be caving.
      That's exactly it for me, I don't like some of these features (none of which have been properly explained yet) but at the end of the day its all about the games. This is probably Microsoft's most important E3 since the reveal of the original Xbox, so long as they reveal some games that interest me then I'm still interested.

Comment

Seriously disturbed by the causal dismissal of the very real problems that threaten the industry.

Comment

I asked a few friends today, one stood out with Draconian DRM, hate this and that, TV nonsense? I hate TV!
          ALTHOUGH launch a new Gears on that and I will be buying one. BAMN!

That's all it takes for some people to convert, a game they want to play and can't play anywhere else.
          I'm waiting for E3 to see what these 15 1st party IP's will be (14 of the being Kinect of course) and when we can expect them, console launch price and dates.
          In comparison to PS4 the same applies need to see more games, hear about pricing and launch dates.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
            Seriously disturbed by the causal dismissal of the very real problems that threaten the industry.
            You mean DRM and lack of game sharing?
            Or is it the main one of people saying, WELL doesn't affect me so who cares?

Comment

I'm disturbed by the "well, I'll buy it if there's a game I like" attitude I'm seeing across the internet.

How far does the corporate bull**** have to go before people say: "That's a bit too far - even if there is a game I like, or two, I don't think I can accept that."

How far must you be pushed, before you draw a line and say, NO FURTHER!

Last edited by Sketcz; 24-05-2013, 17:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post

Was only kidding old chap. I falsely took the POV of the opposition to highlight how silly it is.

I have precisely the same concerns as you.
                I know mate, I was continuing it using Microsoft's ridiculous catchphrases that they've supplied us with over the XBOX One debacle.

Comment

Originally posted by 25.05.2005 View Post
                  Guys...a question I haven't seen answered or asked is what happens in the distant future?

When MS stop supporting the One, will everything I've bought become useless because I won't be able to activate it or verify it every 24 hours?

It's a major concern to me as a retro fan and a collector.

Anybody seen that asked yet anywhere?
                  Well given they plan on selling 1billion Xbones and thy haven't even sold 100million 360's in 10 years, it will be at least 100ywars until they turn off the servers.

Comment

You might even get an achievement pop up which is titled 'KHAAAAAAN!' whenever younwatch an advert for the PS4 on your Xbox One

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                      Has this been posted? The Xbox One with Kinect2 will officially check to see how many people are in a room before allowing you to play a game or watch a film. If there are more people than are licensed to consume this content, it won't let you do it. So if you're little brother runs into the room, or your dog, GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER!

Xbox One will come bundled with Microsoft's new Kinect sensor bar, and a new patent filed by the company suggests the d…

You know what annoys me? Is that forums and the internet have been pretty relaxed about this. Sure, a few of us are complaining, but why isn't a class action lawsuit being prepared? A high court injunction? Government intervention?

Seriously, the internet should be going ****ing mental. Stock prices should be in freefall. But generally we're all like: yeah, a bit annoying I guess, but if there's an exclusive I like it'll be alright.

If the world allows this ****box to pass, then we are officially opening the gates of Rome to invading barbarian hordes. The empire is on the verge of disintegrating and we're all playing the fiddle. Goodbye gaming culture as we know it, welcome to 1,500 years of the dark ages.

this Xbox concept will pass more or less. And Sony will be in the boat too with the PS4 - i am pretty sure. M$ can never be so stupid to go this road alone. but the uproar will be there - believe me. as soon as the wider DRM-inexperienced console gamer audience realizes what DRM on boxed games means in practice. it's just a bit too early. as pointed out earlier in this thread there are already several lawcases against publishers like Valve and Apple opened. Microsoft will follow suit.

Comment

DRM has never worked - it never will. Making your product more inconvenient to use does not result in increased sales. It's been dropped from music, it's in the process of being dropped from ebooks ... this is very much a backwards step.

Comment

So we can expect the same level of angst when the time comes for us to 'check in with the system'?

Comment

This is the chance to get rid of the 3 biggest anti consumer companies in gamings history. All we need to do is never buy XBone and its night night EA, Activision & M$. It never going to happen, but i can dream, No?

Comment

You can dream of never having any more Battlefield 3 DLC to buy.

Also, what have Activision done that is Anti Consumer, Other than Milk Call of Duty?
                              Last edited by EvilBoris; 24-05-2013, 22:20.

Comment

Im pretty sure if EA died, DICE wouldn't be short of publishers wanting to sign them up. There just scum ,pure and simple Activision are. I wouldn't shed no tears for those two. Anything else i can help you sort out?

Comment

Working...
                                X