Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pleased to see that the majority here are dead against this drm. Just hope you all stay dead against it when halo 5 comes out for it.

Comment

If you saw my Tiger Woods thread you'll know I'll never support this atrocity of DRM

It's also depressing that the Xbox One launch is about the hate - Microsoft really should be worried at this point.

In my 30 odd years of gaming, I can't remember a situation where I didn't want a newly announced console.
      Last edited by MartyG; 25-05-2013, 10:19.

Comment

Originally posted by ETC View Post
        And how would that work? Don't you need to activate a licence per user? So rentals wouldn't work no?
        I'm sure Microsoft will have a system in place to accommodate rentals.

I think Microsoft are counting on people's love of convenience and expecting most Xbox One owners to download all their games. People seem quite comfy doing it with the various App Stores we have these days already.

Comment

I am utterly flabbergasted than anyone, ANYONE, can sit there typing and not agree with me. This isn't up for debate
          "Just because a problem is an issue for you, it doesn't mean it is an issue for other people"

Comment

Fixed
            Last edited by Blegballe; 25-05-2013, 10:47.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              Sorry but that's completely wrong - only if consumers let this be the norm will it be the norm - if everyone rejects it then they will change. Slowly marching into a situation where you're stripped of every consumer right it wrong.

Why would anyone support that?
              But most consumers WILL let this be the norm and buy it anyway because they give it the perspective and importance for what it really is in their lives - a video games player/entertainment machine with a few different requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                But most consumers WILL let this be the norm and buy it anyway because they give it the perspective and importance for what it really is in their lives - a video games player/entertainment machine with a few different requirements.
                CoD and FIFA. As a gamer I'm creaming at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Blegballe View Post
                  Paragraphs.

Comment

Well, thats unfortunately, the things that sell and every release for the foreseeable future will be based on. I blame the internet; can we just shut it down and go back to cassettes?

Comment

Sorry but that's completely wrong - only if consumers let this be the norm will it be the norm - if everyone rejects it then they will change.?
                      That's just bull**** . I constantly hear consumers moan about the high price of fuel and how we all need to take action and guess what nothing happens... and its the same old story with most things in the UK that people moan about

Like whats been said you better get used to change in the digital age has more and more consumer goods need to be hoked up the internet. One would think that when it comes to rentals or friends brining their game/gamer tags over to a mate house MS will have systems in place to accommodate that and who knows maybe the likes of Game will start to focus on selling brand new games again rather than being a 2nd hand shop

Comment

What a ridiculous reply.

We can reject buying content from Microsoft and so not support draconian DRM or from anyone who wants to do this.

People need fuel to get to work - we absolutely don't need games.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                          I'm sure Microsoft will have a system in place to accommodate rentals.

I think Microsoft are counting on people's love of convenience and expecting most Xbox One owners to download all their games. People seem quite comfy doing it with the various App Stores we have these days already.
                          apple get away with it because its apple, google likewise. Microsofts track record with digital ain't that great (Zune, WP7, office 365) they just don't seem happy unless they are pissing someone off.

Also they have upset retail and in this move surely they will upset amazon too seeing as they own love film

Comment

What a ridiculous reply.

We can not reject purching content from Microsoft and so not support draconian DRM or from anyone who wants to do this.
                            Its TA, you expect a reasonable discussion?
                            Last edited by ETC; 25-05-2013, 10:44. Reason: Sorry bit too mean

Comment

Get a grip certain games will always dominate in a generation or two . How many Mario, Street Fighter , Final Fantasy. Sonic games Ect did we have in the so called Good old days ? Christ in the so Glory days the charts were dominated by Platform games and sport games , all that different now is FPS have taken over Platform games domination of the charts .

Comment

If that's the future of gaming you want, be my guest.

Comment

Working...
                                X