Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just being picky but wouldn't it say 802.11 a/b/g/n not a/b/n/g and also isn't there a name for the kinect in socket? Not just kinect in?

HDMI In is weird, maybe digital cams and videos? Link in your sky box?

Comment

Indeed, they've already shown that you can operate the console across a network, I guess Sky could update their box to change the channels via commands from the new console.

Interestingly, the images up there are showing a hardware video encoder, which if fast enough can be used to stream encode videos and stream them to another device. They could possibly use that for Wii-U like features on portable devices. It could also be used to encode and share game footage.
      Last edited by EvilBoris; 21-01-2013, 21:22.

Comment

Or the 720 will also be available built-in to 4K TVs? People speculated Apple are making a TV, why not Microsoft? With streaming taking off essentially a TV with a 720 built-in could be the only thing you need, Microsoft already have a relationship with Sky and US Cable providers. Microsoft said it was looking at more Media capabilities, they'd essentially have the jump on Apple before they undoubtedly try to push some AppleTV/iTunes combo as an alternative to Sky/Cable Subscriptions.

Smart Glass is probably an indication the next console will have some Wii U-like features too. If they keep that on iOS devices I'd love them forever and not even consider a PS4.
        Last edited by Pikate; 21-01-2013, 21:36.

Comment

I always find it pretty odd that Sony didn't try harder with Tvs with built in Playstations, maybe MS could team up with Samsung to help crush Sony's TV division.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            maybe MS could team up with Samsung to help crush Sony's TV division.
            No need Samsung is doing that without M$ anyway ...

Comment

I will be amazed if Apple release a TV. Margins are poor on TVs and Apple does like a good margin.

Comment

They could easily make a margin, all they would do is make a TV with the same components as everyone else but sell it for twice as much

Comment

My theory there is that you can connect your 360 to it and it routes all the video from the game through the new dash and the background services , new overlays for notifications etc without the need for any additional interior hardware that probably wouldn't work that well anyway.

Just 10 mins to load the dash, every time you switch the console on

Comment

I always find it pretty odd that Sony didn't try harder with Tvs with built in Playstations, maybe MS could team up with Samsung to help crush Sony's TV division.
                    Indeed. Same thing with the Cell processor - remember they were planning to use the Cell across a number of products including TVs. They were well ahead of the times it would seem - too early unfortunately for Sony to really capitalise on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                      Indeed. Same thing with the Cell processor - remember they were planning to use the Cell across a number of products including TVs. They were well ahead of the times it would seem - too early unfortunately for Sony to really capitalise on it.
                      Why sell a TV with a playstation in , when you can sell a TV AND a playstation , doesn't really make any financial sense.

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
                        Why sell a TV with a playstation in , when you can sell a TV AND a playstation , doesn't really make any financial sense.
                        Because the consumer might not buy the PS3 separately?

Comment

This is interesting, this guy did some brilliant fake rebranding for ms last year and is now working on the xbox devision, no doubt either in the ui or on design consistency across the xbox brand.

However, whether ms will actually bother making said ui efficient is another matter. The current dash is a bloated mess of a thing and should be put to pasture, or at the very least completely re built from the ground up for speed, cut the whole thing back to just the bare essentials.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                            Because the consumer might not buy the PS3 separately?
                            But 99% of them will as we know, so no real advantage of selling one box when yuo can sell two at twice the price.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              However, whether ms will actually bother making said ui efficient is another matter. The current dash is a bloated mess of a thing and should be put to pasture, or at the very least completely re built from the ground up for speed, cut the whole thing back to just the bare essentials.
                              If anything it will probably get worse, personally I would like a different SKU that cant play media and has a cut down dash that concerntrates on the games, can't see it happening though.

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
                                If anything it will probably get worse, personally I would like a different SKU that cant play media and has a cut down dash that concerntrates on the games, can't see it happening though.
                                Gotta make sure those adverts smack you in the face the second you switch on the console after all.

Comment

Working...
                                X