Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok both have pro's and cons, but honestly i know which has given me more for 40 quid, PSN hands down, all the free games makes it totally laugh in XBOX face, cross chat keep it and your adverts. I have both so theres no bias just my honest opinion.

Comment

I have both but would vote the other way. At least this means there is room for a another 3-way market next gen. Unless it gets split even further by steam box and a million Android gadgets.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        I don't understand why you have to be a Gold subscriber to get demos a week early?
        Well you know how we've just had 3 pages of the usual crew saying what a con Xbox Live gold is and how it offers no value?
        Well one of the places your sub goes is to fund timed and total exclusives of demos, games, DLC and other digital content and as a gold subscriber you get preferential access to it.

What's so hard to understand about that?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
          Well you know how we've just had 3 pages of the usual crew saying what a con Xbox Live gold is and how it offers no value?
          Well one of the places your sub goes is to fund timed and total exclusives of demos, games, DLC and other digital content and as a gold subscriber you get preferential access to it.

I'm sure one day before PSN is worth it for the majority of demos. Keep living the dream Boris

Comment

Well I'm the one playing it, so ultimately I'm the winner here.

Plus I'm probably playing it with a better framerate "lol"

Comment

Well I'm the one playing it, so ultimately I'm the winner here.

Plus I'm probably playing it with a better framerate "lol"
              Probably true I will probably just wait in the pub until tomorrow, spend my ?40 on beer. I'm only joshing you B. more like ?50

Comment

Comment

I don't think I've paid more than ?25 for the last 5 years....

Why don't you spend it on a years subscription to lovefilm, it's like PSN+ but you can choose the games you want to rent instead of being given a bunch of tat you've played/wouldn't buy?

and whilst you wait for your games to arrive you can start the latest system update! WIN WIN

Comment

Nice to see the thread being ruined by comments how great the PSN+, who cares. I thought the thread is about next XBOX, absolutely has no relevance. Can't you guys have your PSN love in on somewhere else? Nice to see the mods doing their jobs...

Comment

All the adverts and the ridiculous to navigate dashboard.

The way I see it is; the Xbox 360 is a games console first and foremost so put games at the centre of the experience rather than ads for LoveFilm or Lynx.

Also, why are things like iPlayer and Netflix only available to Gold subscribers when they're free to access on pretty much everything else?

I think the NEXT XBOX (on topic, see ) should have 2 dashboard options. Similar in design but one of them is totally stripped of all the fluff & padding and is solely about gaming whereas the second is for the family and "centre of the living room" experience.

Comment

Re: Xbox 3

Originally posted by rubans View Post
                        Nice to see the thread being ruined by comments how great the PSN+, who cares. I thought the thread is about next XBOX, absolutely has no relevance. Can't you guys have your PSN love in on somewhere else? Nice to see the mods doing their jobs...
                        There's a ps4 thread. I'm sure you'll find pro Xbox comments in there somewhere. Xbox and PlayStation are competing systems. Cross platform chatter is inevitable.

Comment

The way I see it is; the Xbox 360 is a games console first and foremost so put games at the centre of the experience rather than ads for LoveFilm or Lynx.

Also, why are things like iPlayer and Netflix only available to Gold subscribers when they're free to access on pretty much everything else?

I think the NEXT XBOX (on topic, see ) should have 2 dashboard options. Similar in design but one of them is totally stripped of all the fluff & padding and is solely about gaming whereas the second is for the family and "centre of the living room" experience.
                          When I turn on my Xbox I generally see images for games, something bizarrely I actually expect to see, much like I like to see them when I look at a games website or blog. There is usually a single advert on the front page. boo hoo.
                          There is a damn site less adverts on my xbox than there is in my edge magazine or my sky package.
                          Also, iPlayer is free for silver subscribers.

It says alot about the few people who actually contribute here that when the specs for a next gen console are leaked and the only people who can be bothered to write anything are people with an irrational dislike of Microsoft.
                          It's so tedious I poke fun at them in threads about their team's console.

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                          Cross platform chatter is inevitable.
                          Cross game chat not so.
                          Last edited by EvilBoris; 22-01-2013, 22:26.

Comment

Whats the odds of them doing a "Kindle Fire"

?350 for a system "with adverts"
                            ?500 without

Or whatever it is

Comment

I think there is definitely room for improvement with the dashboard structure next-gen and I also think they should re-evaluate their pricing model for subscription as well as what is included in that price.

Stuff like what people have mentioned... quite a lot of what is limited to gold membership right now should in fact be free. I'll agree with that and I would expect MS to make those changes along with the erradication of the MS points system. That said even now I source my MS points and XBL subscription from online sources for a fraction of the price (note: around 40-50% of the dashboard cost) so it isnt that bad right now if you know what you're doing.

I'd also like to see them make the UI customisable like what we're now used to on smartphone UI etc... Just having an option to "pin" something right now seems like a half measure. I would want to be able to really tweak it to my hearts content.

Other things I'd like to see addressed:

Clan Support, Theatre/Screenshot capture and User customisable control preferences all native functionality. I want to see features we've seen in some games become standards... so changing to southpaw for example isnt something you need to code into your game its something you can preset for yourself for all games.

I'd also want to see full MMO sized player count support.

... probably a list as long as my arm but yeah... take that pain away from being coded into each and every standard game genre and put it into its own place natively.

Comment

When I turn on my Xbox I generally see images for games, something bizarrely I actually expect to see, much like I like to see them when I look at a games website or blog. There is usually a single advert on the front page. boo hoo.
                                There is a damn site less adverts on my xbox than there is in my edge magazine or my sky package.
                                Also, iPlayer is free for silver scumbags.

It says alot about the few people who actually contribute here that when the specs for a next gen console are leaked and the only people who can be bothered to write anything are people with an irrational dislike of Microsoft.
                                It's so tedious I poke fun at them in threads about their team's console.

Cross game chat not so.

Maybe it says a lot about what people currently think about Microsoft in general at the moment, as in nobody cares. Or maybe its because all this spec leaks and vitriol is exactly that just speculation. I like a lot of others am looking very suspiciously at MS. Will it be a gamers system or are they going for the slice of casual pie with an underpowered Kinect-centric system. Only time will tell. Maybe the next system will be incredible, maybe it will be the next Wii.

I just don't get how you can defend advertising on a service you pay for? YouTube is free so its expected, advertising subsidises print media so your magazine is not the same price as a hardback. What does this do other than fill Microsofts coffers? Does it improve your service or make it cheaper? Main argument is why on earth you want advertising on something you pay for, I can see the argument with Sky, they do the same which is why I don't subscribe

With Cross Chat, who cares Im sure Brad would like nothing more than me harassing him mid Dark Souls while I'm playing Rock Band, its pointless

Comment

Working...
                                X