Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That really wasn't the point - the fact is you can sell it, simply because you can.

A game being crap doesn't stop it selling, see the latest Aliens or Sim City, but you do have a lot of people cheesed off because they did. In 1986 we didn't have the internet to tell us it was crap either.

If you can't sell the games you've taken a risk on, you'll not take a risk, ipso facto we'll end up only buying FIFA and CoD - Such draconian DRM only alienates your customers - it's stupid and it's retarded and more than that DRM has never worked.
    Last edited by MartyG; 25-05-2013, 08:34.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      I think I need to post this again.

"Just because a problem isn't an issue for you, it doesn't mean it isn't an issue for other people"
      They are in the minority though and are rather insignificant to get in the way of a corporate giant, carving a new strategy and way of distributing entertainment.

Comment

I'm gonna buy a bunch of bananas and sell them off individually. If my customers then decide to give their banana to a friend cause they're not hungry I will ask that friend to pay me money before he can eat it. If he don't pay, I will physically restrain them so he can't eat it. These people have been eating bananas for ages, but I feel it's my right to do this.

Comment

I am not saying i agree with it, its those clever little marketing gurus that work for microsoft you need to have a chat with

Comment

A game being crap doesn't stop it selling, see the latest Aliens or Sim City, but you do have a lot of people cheesed off because they did. In 1986 we didn't have the internet to tell us it was crap either
            And like I said in 1986 you didn't have e-bay or shops to trade your game in you had to put up with the duff game
            These days with the internet if a game is truly crap you'll not get many people that will buy it or at least pay that much for it . And I love the way people focus on the likes of FIFA or COD even in the glory years of gaming there were only a select few games that sold in massive numbers and funnily enough one of them was FIFA or then you had the likes of Final Fantasy

Like with the always On-Line I just think people are ready to moan about anything and I bet like now for a free you can turn you trade in game to new (in terms of online features) . I more pissed out with MS being so underpowered next gen myself and it ****y focus on the **** that is Kinect

Comment

The support MS is continuing to receive over this, from DRM apologists and the like, makes me realise that humanity is as incompetent now as it was during the medieval dark ages.

If you buy or are thinking of buying the Xbox One, you are insane. Stark raving insane. You are destroying our hobby by doing so. There is no debate. There is no right to your individual beautiful snowflake-like opinion. MS are screwing you and your wallet over. They are screwing the entire population with a greedy, controlling piece of technology which will utterly destroy a wonderful hobby.

We all like games, right? They're ****ing brilliant, aren't they? I've loved games since I first played Pacman aged 3. But everything this Xbox One is pushing is going to poison this wonderful hobby, irrevocably. It will never be undone. It will never go back. It is not like syphilis where daily penicillin injections will fix it. It's like the burning of the Alexandrian library. Once it happens, it has happened forever.

I'm not saying this because I own shares in Nintendo or Sony. I'm saying this because I want our hobby to continue being amazing, rather than a disposable, tacky, nasty, expensive noose. Something where MS dictates how and when I can play. All these memes on the internet - these are not simply jokes. This is what is happening, RIGHT NOW.

I am utterly flabbergasted that anyone, ANYONE, can sit there typing and not agree with me. This isn't up for debate. The Xbox One is the epitome of Corporations Screwing Over The Little Guy. It is toxic.

And you're just sitting there saying: "Stop being a pork chop granny, it'll all be lovely once we've got a game or two."

No it bloody won't be. It will be a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
              Last edited by Sketcz; 25-05-2013, 09:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                And like I said in 1986 you didn't have e-bay or shops to trade your game in you had to put up with the duff game
                You obviously never used the 'my mum bought this for my birthday and i already have it' line. Lol

Gamers really have never had it so good nowadays....

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                  The support MS is continuing to receive over this, from DRM apologists and the like, makes me realise that humanity is as incompetent now as it was during the medieval dark ages.

If you buy or are thinking of buying the Xbox One, you are insane. Stark raving insane. You are destroying our hobby by doing so. There is no debate. There is no right to your individual beautiful snowflake-like opinion. MS are screwing you and your wallet over. They are screwing the entire population with a greedy, controlling piece of technology which will utterly destroy a wonderful hobby.

We all like games, right? They're ****ing brilliant, aren't they? I've loved games since I first played Pacman aged 3. But everything this Xbox One is pushing is going to poison this wonderful hobby, irrevocably. It will never be undone. It will never go back. It is not like syphilis where daily penicillin injections will fix it. It's like the burning of the Alexandrian library. Once it happens, it has happened forever.

I'm not saying this because I own shares in Nintendo or Sony. I'm saying this because I want our hobby to continue being amazing, rather than a disposable, tacky, nasty, expensive noose. Something where MS dictates how and when I can play. All these memes on the internet - these are not simply jokes. This is what is happening, RIGHT NOW.

I am utterly flabbergasted than anyone, ANYONE, can sit there typing and not agree with me. This isn't up for debate. The Xbox One is the golden epitome of Corporations Screwing Over The Little Guy.

And you're just sitting there saying: "Stop being a pork chop granny, it'll all be lovely once we've got a game or two."

No it bloody won't be. It will be a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
                  You better get used to being flabbergasted then, because back in the real world, change is inevitable whether you like it or not. Oh and upmost apologies for not agreeing with you.

Comment

I don't think that anyone has mentioned that times are tight for most people, which is gonna continue for a good while longer according too reports. People are being very careful with their cash, & a ?400 entertainment system that doesn't allow a free system of selling on games is gonna turn people off even more.
                    People have turned to ebay & flea markets/boot sales to sell their even most useless of stuff rather than giving it to charity shops due to the need for cash, so if people can't freely sell what games they have then a lot will go with a system that does allow it.

I think tho that if this is the future of games then people will just not care about them, will find another interest that they love & won't be arsed to play them, & its the games industry that will then lose out.
                    Yes people might/will have to adapt to the change as has been mentioned, but they may also adapt to pursuing a different past time to

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                      You better get used to being flabbergasted then, because back in the real world, change is inevitable whether you like it or not. Oh and upmost apologies for not agreeing with you.

I had long assumed humanity was intelligent enough to channel change in a positive direction.

As stated, clearly it's not! If you support this monstrosity, it's on your head.

I warned you all!

Comment

You obviously never used the 'my mum bought this for my birthday and i already have it' line. Lol
                        Shops like Woolworth got very wise to that trick , more so by the time of the Mega Drive

Something where MS dictates how and when I can play. All these memes on the internet - these are not simply jokes. This is what is happening, RIGHT NOW.
                        What playing games in the home ? . That's why I bet most people play their games anyway .

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                          I wonder how the new trade in system will affect game rentals. Could be a lot more popular if the trade in value is poorer than at present.
                          And how would that work? Don't you need to activate a licence per user? So rentals wouldn't work no?

Comment

Ultimately this is about consumer rights. Civilian rights. Corporations do not have rights. They live by our money. They screw us over by not paying taxes. And now they are trying to take our rights away from us.

Stop thinking about how cool the next Gears of War will be, put your foot down, and hold on to your rights. Remember, they serve you. Not the other way around.

Comment

This is the Kinect patent for DRM management on the Xbone, looks ****

Comment

Sorry but that's completely wrong - only if consumers let this be the norm will it be the norm - if everyone rejects it then they will change. Slowly marching into a situation where you're stripped of every consumer right it wrong.

Why would anyone support that?
                                Last edited by MartyG; 25-05-2013, 10:09.

Comment

Working...
                                X