Late to the party as usual...Advance Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moodmon
    Without a doubt, the training missions are the best examples of how to do a tutorial in a game.
    Yeah, I was going to mention the same thing. The tutorials are just so PERFECT, it's quite.... beautiful actually, they way they are specifically designed to guide you in without you realising you're actually playing a strategy game. So well done.

Comment

Was on the mission where you have to discover the enemies Lander hidden in the fog of war, proper battle was going on and I think I had the upper hand and could see victory a few days down the line when my DS battery died I was left charger-less for the rest of the night finnin like a junky...

Anyways, from what I've read about the the DS version it has ace tutorials too so no need to bother with the GBA version, you may as well get stuck right in. I'm gonna finish off Campaign on AW this week and run through AW2 in time for the PAL DS release next month. I want to see how the games have evolved.

Comment

Well, the sun is certainly shining today. My Advance Wars DS shipped from VG+ yesterday and should be with me for the end of thw week. The excitement level just hit a new peak people

I started playing AW2 on my DS after a mate showed methe original. He talked about it so much but could never really put into words the joy the game brought him. I have been feeling that joy for months.

I have played through the entire AW2 campaign on Normal and about 50% on Hard, and MAN is it hard!! Absolutely sublime game and playing against another person is just fantastic. Without a doubt the best handheld game a I have ever played. And finally my DS is getting the game it was made for, Dual Screen tactial combat... battle stations people, we have incoming

Comment

Here was me thinking that Advanced Wars was just about the actual battles but as I've progressed further into the game a mad story line as evolved.

So all the conflict has been either as a ploy to flush out the true enemy (not yet revealed to me) or kick offs started by evil clones

Man I'm loving this!!!

Especially like the way character need to make up there minds and will undergo full scale warfare to determine who to trust, absolute class.

Had my first encounter with Sturm last night (Stage 19), that was some epic battle that went on for like 40 days or something, but once I got the airport captured it was all about dropping bombs. I see he has some sort of Meteor Power which thankfully he refrained from bussin on me, but get the feeling next fight he wont be so kind. HOW GOOD IS THIS GAME!?!?!
          Last edited by spagmasterswift; 26-08-2005, 08:03.

Comment

Working...
          X