So arcade games then...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baad bwoy
    When I was sixteen I used to be able to beat shinobi on 1 credit, back then everybody seemed to be able to do it (maybe not everybody) there ensued a great deal of competitiveness for the highscores at the college where the machine was situated
    There was one spot in the game (end of level 4, I think) where you could just stand and throw shurikens at enemies that would constantly respawn, thus meaning you could theoretically beat any high score. It just depended on how patient you were (I once did this just so I could beat my freinds top score by 10!)

Comment

Originally posted by Square
      There was one spot in the game (end of level 4, I think) where you could just stand and throw shurikens at enemies that would constantly respawn, thus meaning you could theoretically beat any high score. It just depended on how patient you were (I once did this just so I could beat my freinds top score by 10!)
      I seem to remember the part you are talking about Square, where you could stand and shoot the enemies as they repeatedly came out of a helicopter right at the end of the stage, and in the process rack up a high score, by continually letting the timer run out and repeating the process until left with one life in which to tackle the rest of the game, sadly I never had the patience or the confidence that I could go through the whole game with one life.

Comment

Originally posted by baad bwoy
        I seem to remember the part you are talking about Square, where you could stand and shoot the enemies as they repeatedly came out of a helicopter right at the end of the stage, and in the process rack up a high score, by continually letting the timer run out and repeating the process until left with one life in which to tackle the rest of the game, sadly I never had the patience or the confidence that I could go through the whole game with one life.
        No, no! That was the spot alright, but on the machine I used to play, you could continue AND keep your score!

Comment

streetfighter 2 1 credit
          streetfighter 2 champ ed 1 credit
          marvel vs capcom 1 credit
          chase hq 1 credit
          soul caliber 2 1 credit
          streetfighter zero 3 1 credit
          capcom vs snk 1 credit
          soul calibur 1 credit

thats all i can think of but to be honest i dont really go to the arcade anymore,i think the sega centre in southampton would kick ass if they had a whole 2D fighters section like neo and capcom at the back of the arcade on those 50inch sit down cabs,but no such luck

Comment

oh yeah, and killer instinct. I love that game
            Thanks god for the excellent xbox emu version.

Comment

Smeghead
              Sega Rally 2...easy I know, but I still beat the bastard!
              How man i've been tryin to do this for ages (i'm obviously rubbbish). I have completed

Soul Calibur 2
              Virtua Striker 2002
              Marvel Vs Street Fighter
              Street Fighter 2 World Warrior
              Rave Race
              Ridge Racer

can't think of any more

Comment

Working...
              X