Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crimson Dragon (formerly Project Draco - Panzer Dragoon Kinect)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you read the review, it says you shouldn't be worried about that in Crimson Dragon's case. You can replay levels (as you would in any other action game like Panzer Dragoon), but power up as you go each time without paying.

You should be worried about the fact that it's a rubbish game and therefore no one will buy it and therefore we will never see a decent sequel

Comment

That's true Charles, but i just totally disagree with IAP practice in general. It's the reason i never bought Dead Space 3 and still haven't. And yhat's on any system. Give me fun and more gaming that enhances the base game then i can take it or leave it. Now with Forza 5 onlineyou aint in the unemployed club and don't have so much time to game, your stuck with the basic cars. All the while Mr unemployed or Mr moneybags have the best cars and thats pay to win and totally ruins online play and fun.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        I'll summarise: "Ignore the micro transactions (they aren't intrusive). Gameplay is broken and gfx are rubbish" 6/10

They slated it the whole way through and yet it still gets "above average"?

Based on the text, I would have given it 3/10.
        That's Eurogamer where almost everything gets 8/10 or above, so actually 6/10 is quite a bad score.

Comment

I'm with Bubbles on this. Deplorable practice.

I want item X but I don't want to earn it!
          Well you can't ****ing have it then can you?

They're only there as convenience items! Well just let everyone have them then. For free. Or give the money to charity.

Comment

The thing is with these in game micro transactions they are essentially the same as the time saver packs that EA charge for. It's simply an option and you don't need to use them as you'll get everything as you progress in game.

It's just for lazy people.

Comment

Crimson Dragon is being tweaked before launch.

The developer of £16 Xbox One digital-only launch title Crimson Dragon will tweak the game's balance before it's releas…

At least they are willing to listen to feedback. Hope it is for the better as this is my most wanted next gen game.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                Crimson Dragon is being tweaked before launch.

The developer of £16 Xbox One digital-only launch title Crimson Dragon will tweak the game's balance before it's releas…

At least they are willing to listen to feedback. Hope it is for the better as this is my most wanted next gen game.
                Sounds like a reaction to the IAP backlash,

The number of experience points your dragons get from each battle has been increased, including the number you get when you fail a mission.

The cost of items has been reduced, and the availability of jewels (in-game credits) has been expanded.

Comment

Originally posted by Kron View Post
                  The thing is with these in game micro transactions they are essentially the same as the time saver packs that EA charge for. It's simply an option and you don't need to use them as you'll get everything as you progress in game.

It's just for lazy people.
                  Yeah I don't really get people getting annoyed by this. I just see it like a strategy guide or something. An extra cost that's there to make your game experience a bit easier/ quicker. If you want to pay for that, cool. I wouldn't for IAP personally but I don't claim to know everyone's situation so I'm not crying out for them to get rid of it. So long as you can do everything that it asks you to pay for in the game itself that is. If you HAVE to pay for it, I don't agree with that at all if you've already paid for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post
                    Yeah I don't really get people getting annoyed by this. I just see it like a strategy guide or something. An extra cost that's there to make your game experience a bit easier/ quicker. If you want to pay for that, cool. I wouldn't for IAP personally but I don't claim to know everyone's situation so I'm not crying out for them to get rid of it. So long as you can do everything that it asks you to pay for in the game itself that is. If you HAVE to pay for it, I don't agree with that at all if you've already paid for the game.
                    its never that simple a lot of games with iap let you do everything, but will put hurdles in your way that wouldn't normally be there to push you towards the micro-payments,

The above quote from eurogamer about crimson dragon now being more generous with the xp and items it dishes out looks like backpedaling on decisions to force the player towards IAP, before this revision you could pay to level up or you could redo a level to grind your dragons level up.

Comment

Using the power of Xbox One's cloud system, we can adjust this balance even after release.

MS PR department really not letting go of the 'power of the cloud' catch :S

Comment

Wasn't the main complaint that the 'in game credits' were only able to be bought with real cash and not earned in-game?

Comment

Originally posted by Profit View Post
                          MS PR department really not letting go of the 'power of the cloud' catch :S
                          That was the leader of Team Andomeda/creator of Panzer Dragoon who said that.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                            That was the leader of Team Andomeda/creator of Panzer Dragoon who said that.
                            I'm pretty sure most statements for 1st party games get vetted by the PR dept.

Comment

Working...
                            X