No announcement yet.

Game & Gamestation: GAME credit woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in looking for a present for somebody i was meeting in 5 minutes, the manager and another person were behind the counter messing about, i made my selection and went to the counter and stood while they finished their chat. I was confronted with YES! after waiting for 5 mins or so, i handed the box and said "just this please" the manager who had served me went to look for the game, he came back and i asked if they had Tekken 3DS in yet, as i would have swapped the ?15 game for the more pricey Tekken if they did. I was asked if i had pre ordered, to which i said no it was an impulse buy. I was then told that it was my own fault for not pre ordering the game and i was directed to the website to do so. I replied thought it was out Friday which i was told it was but it was being stocked on a pre order basis though the website. To which i said does not matter as i wanted it there and then and was told well what did you ask for in a very sarky tone.

I was not going to get into a full blown arguement in public so just took my game and left and had already explained twice i wanted it as an impulse buy.

However a few weeks earlier i had been in Game Newcastle and the staff could not have been more helpful. Again i was buying a gift and could not decide between 2 and was given some great advice to buy the cheaper game which my mate loved.

Comment

Went in to buy Gods Eater Burst on PSP as I remember they had pre owned. It was ?17.99 used yet it is now a classics game which retails at less than that new. I asked him to check the price and it was the same, sale lost. (not his fault of course)

Comment

Darlington, York monks cross and Teeside park are good staff on my impulse tradins. I knew they were in trouble when we went in just after xmas to York when hardly any new stock and asked about PES to be told they had MINUS 49 copies! Wife sourced me one at Darlington week later 2nd hand as main reason was they had ninja Gaiden 2 for 360 in 4 7 quid (had it sold it when got PS3 version but 360 better) and when she went in they had got there first delivery in with Pes. Does annoy me u get a shiny new one and it's only 5 more, reason I never normally buy 2nd hand newer releases from em, but I was getting my tradin money used up as had a bad feeling something wasn't right and wanted it spending.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
          Dont think its that bad tbh. How many ppl actually go out of their way to pay more for Special Editions?
          I think most ppl just wanna sit down & play the bloody thing. Its a sensible move which I guess will give them a bit more to play with without having dead stock of Special Editions lying around for ages, then having to desperatley knock them out at less than cost price

Comment

Cancelling something that people have pre-ordered though, thats not wasted stock is it? It has a definite buyer. Sure, some people will cancel, but it's not like they've decided to buy 100,000 copies for the stores...

Comment

It doesn't cost anything to preorder and the staff encourage you to preorder as you get double points etc etc.
              I could go and preorder 50 copies of a game if I wanted and the buyer would make puchasing decisions based upon this.

Plus this particular game is Nintendo published, they are notorious arses when it comes to dealing with retailers (They've been fined millions on sevearl occasions for price fixing) and they have refused to sell GAME anything without full payment.

Comment

Finally I can add a little bit more positivity to this thread!!

Went in to get a Vita in my local GS...had the fantastic trade in values firstly...?37.50 for Darkness 2, ?27.50 for MW3 (?2.50 profit) ?22.50 for Saints Row 3 (bought from same store for ?19.99 ) and 32 quid for the Resi Evil/Circle Pad pro I got for ?30 quid to go with the ?130 for the 3DS...and then the 5675 XP points (13-14 quid I think).

Main positive tho, wanted a 16gig card and Katamari with it but the guy said they had sold out, til his fellow worker said "its ok he can have the ones I saved for myself out back" and went and fetched them! Small thing but in this age of faceless internet abuse I thought I would give some faceless internet credit instead Plus I have a much better score than all 3 workers on the SSX demo!

Comment

Given they have credit insurance issues, it wouldn't surprise me if most of the wholesalers are refusing to sell them stock without upfront payment.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
                    Finally I can add a little bit more positivity to this thread!!

Went in to get a Vita in my local GS...had the fantastic trade in values firstly...?37.50 for Darkness 2, ?27.50 for MW3 (?2.50 profit) ?22.50 for Saints Row 3 (bought from same store for ?19.99 ) and 32 quid for the Resi Evil/Circle Pad pro I got for ?30 quid to go with the ?130 for the 3DS...and then the 5675 XP points (13-14 quid I think).

Main positive tho, wanted a 16gig card and Katamari with it but the guy said they had sold out, til his fellow worker said "its ok he can have the ones I saved for myself out back" and went and fetched them! Small thing but in this age of faceless internet abuse I thought I would give some faceless internet credit instead Plus I have a much better score than all 3 workers on the SSX demo!
                    ?37.50 for darkness 2 trade???

Comment

Yep...had a voucher that I got when I bought it that guaranteed 35 quid trade before feb 23rd and it got an extra ?2.50 as I was trading in for a Vita. If you take into account the ?1 of XP I got buying it and the ?1 for trading it back in it cost me 50 pence for a great game and easy 1000g

Comment

They won't let u preorder without a deposit at my stores, we had that going on with last Batman, wife had to go 20miles to Darlington to put 5 down, stupid!

Comment

Well Gameplay have just emailed me to saying they're merging their site with Gamestation and offered me a ?5 off voucher for Gamestation.

Shame to see Gameplay go, even though they are the same group as GAME, but always had their prices at about ?2 cheaper.

It also says only orders shipping out until the 30th April will be honored on their site.

So they've already downsized their online businesses and a further 35 stores are going as well.
                          Last edited by elaniel; 22-02-2012, 16:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
                            Yep...had a voucher that I got when I bought it that guaranteed 35 quid trade before feb 23rd and it got an extra ?2.50 as I was trading in for a Vita. If you take into account the ?1 of XP I got buying it and the ?1 for trading it back in it cost me 50 pence for a great game and easy 1000g
                            No wonder they are going down the pan! Sheesh!

Comment

Poor Gameplay. Used them for years and always had good service, will be a shame to see them go as an entity.

I know they were all part of the same group but I promised a long time ago that Gamestation will never get a penny of my money directly ever again after the abysmal way they treated me.

Comment

Was it not a case of just being the same group, but being the entirely same facility as GAME/Gamestation?

Comment

Working...
                                X