Game & Gamestation: GAME credit woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
    Shame to see Gameplay go, even though they are the same group as GAME, but always had their prices at about ?2 cheaper.
    I hate Gameplay.
    There was this awesome shop in Brighton called Jakarta when I was younger which always had cheaper prices than any other store, despite being owned by Dixons. Really friendly staff as well, not patronising to us as kids or when I was there with my Mum.

Anyway, this shop was there for about 2 years. Then it was turned into a Gameplay, then after a few months that went online only and the shop turned into a Bear Factory (which it still is today). As a kid with no means of purchasing online I was screwed out of a brilliant shop and the fact it was now the bear factory was like a slap in my 10 year old face.

Comment

Eurogamer just posted that GAME won't be stocking The Last Story (wii), which will be released tomorrow, and people who have preordered it will be refunded, link
      I have to say that is a nasty move, to announce it just one day before release date.

Just swapped some of my point for a PSN code, why don't they have eshop codes...

Comment

Nintendo basically playing hardball, refusing to budge on selling them stock on credit.

Comment

I have a Gamestation code if anyone wants one.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
            Got my ?5 from gameplay this morning, so sad to see these guys go even though they have been running under that GAME mask the last few years.

Used it to order Unit 13 for Vita for a total of ?25 and will prob never use them ever again! haha
            Yeah I'll miss the old game. Great shop , great prices and service before Game bought it. Bought so many Saturn, Mega CD, X-Box and 360 games from the site, loved the website too . Such a shame

Comment

Originally posted by slicer1000 View Post
              it was in fact 4 games and 1 gamestation at one point in time there was an concession store in boarders in chapelfield till it close
              How could I forget that one, used to work in chapelfield centre.
              When there was discussion about hmv and game going, actually thought there will be no where to buy new games from apart from supermarkets was kinda a sad thought.

Comment

Originally posted by slicer1000 View Post
                it was in fact 4 games and 1 gamestation at one point in time there was an concession store in boarders in chapelfield till it close
                I liked that Chapelfield store, now there is only HMV for games in that mall which is a bit lame. I find myself using the old mall more now as it's less busy and has Gamestation and Game so close together.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  Yeah I'll miss the old game. Great shop , great prices and service before Game bought it. Bought so many Saturn, Mega CD, X-Box and 360 games from the site, loved the website too . Such a shame
                  The old mid '90s Game in Birmingham was my go to place for Mega CD and 3DO games. Game shops just seemed to be so much better back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                    How could I forget that one, used to work in chapelfield centre.
                    When there was discussion about hmv and game going, actually thought there will be no where to buy new games from apart from supermarkets was kinda a sad thought.
                    True, unless you count Dixon, with their very limited stock even Shallow Games down Magderland Street no longer sell new games, a lot of second hand indie stores in Norwich these days however.

That GAME concession store in Debs was like the "GAME that time forgot" so many good finds I found up there. Chips and Play didn't last long but the shops on pottersgate are always closing, being close to the jobcenter is never a good idea, still the guy who ran Chips was really friendly.
                    Last edited by S3M; 23-02-2012, 17:14.

Comment

I got the Gameplay voucher email too. Real shame I loved them back in the day. Used to love getting a seasonal catalogue on new games from them every so often. Cant find anything I want on the GS website tho.

Comment

If game curls up and dies, how long will it take to see some decent indi stores?
                        But I guess this depends on distribution firms lowering unit prices to smaller retailers.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                          True, unless you count Dixon, with their very limited stock even Shallow Games down Magderland Street no longer sell new games, a lot of second hand indie stores in Norwich these days however.

That GAME concession store in Debs was like the "GAME that time forgot" so many good finds I found up there. Chips and Play didn't last long but the shops on pottersgate are always closing, being close to the jobcenter is never a good idea, still the guy who ran Chips was really friendly.

Got Castlevania PSP in the Debenhams branch for ?4.00. Was a great place to find the older and more obscure titles.

Comment

Hmm, ordered Everybody's Golf from GAME with the reward points from getting my Vita on Sat at like 10:00am and didnt ship until today pretty poor show not shipping on a sat.

No more credit with them though now so happy days

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                              Hmm, ordered Everybody's Golf from GAME with the reward points from getting my Vita on Sat at like 10:00am and didnt ship until today pretty poor show not shipping on a sat.

No more credit with them though now so happy days
                              Depends if there's actually anybody in the warehouse to ship it on a Saturday surely?

Comment

My local game still aren't stocking Vita games that aren't published by Sony. Pre-ordered Ninja Gaiden Sigma +, went to pick it up last Wednesday "it's been put back", despite reading just minutes earlier TKEurope stating that today is the day to pick it up. I didn't have the patience to wait so bought 2 ?15 PSN vouchers to get the digital release (which I could have done Tuesday FFS). Checked my rewards points after I left, they took 300 points off me for cancelling the pre-order (that they couldn't supply) which I put ?2 down on, and gave me 140 points for the ?30 I just spent, so now despite having spent more money with them my points are worth less. Charming.

Comment

Working...
                                X