No announcement yet.

Game & Gamestation: GAME credit woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I traded up my points at both GAME and Gamestation last friday for ?40 of PSN cards. I now have ?80 credit left at GAME and they're not stocking anything... I don't feel right buying Vita games for ?40 when they're around ?25 online... should I just buy them or buy something else?

I'm still on the hunt for Kingdom of Amalur and a 16GB memory card but no luck at any of my local GAME stores (about 8 of em)...
    Last edited by shaffy_oppa; 29-02-2012, 13:32.

Comment

You could just buy copies of jak and daxter hd (if you can find them) for ?30 and put them into hmv for ?27

Comment

Just out of interest where are people switching their N7 ME3 pre-orders to? I pre-ordered with Play.com, which I know is more expensive than Zavvi/Shopto but has always been ok for me. Tempted to 'double' book with Amazon now just because I really want this game. Probably being silly I know.

LATE Edit - Zavvi showing as out for now.
        Last edited by Digfox; 29-02-2012, 14:01.

Comment

Amazon had it up for ?56 on the 360/PS3 but it wouldn't let you order. Probably a misprice though.

I've gone with ShopTo (for now) but if the Amazon price pops back up, I"ll be moving it as I have lots of Amazon credit thanks to TopCashback.

Comment

I'd avoid picking up Vita games with your credit from GAME, trade/second hand prices for Vita games are generally pretty low so you'd lose more than if you picked up some other console titles instead.

Comment

Managed to get Wipeout for ?29.99 in Gamestation so wasn't complaining. Register said ?34.99 but he dropped it down.

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                You could just buy copies of jak and daxter hd (if you can find them) for ?30 and put them into hmv for ?27
                Meh you got me excited, just checked and cash is ?18 and trade is ?23...

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
                  Amazon had it up for ?56 on the 360/PS3 but it wouldn't let you order. Probably a misprice though.

I've gone with ShopTo (for now) but if the Amazon price pops back up, I"ll be moving it as I have lots of Amazon credit thanks to TopCashback.
                  Amazon link just went live for me; ?64.85

Comment

As much as I enjoy seeing people taking pleasure in the fact that the company I work for may soon vanish should this not be merged with the other GAME thread? It is related after all.

Comment

I think the topic is important initially, as people would probably want to know about maybe wanting to pre-order the game somewhere else...

If they merge, I'll rename the thread to include it.

Comment

I've posted about trying to re-order the N7 ME3 edition, because like many I've now been left in the lurch with no game. However in perspective, people keeping their Jobs is far more important. But I do think people need to be aware of the situation with pre-orders (particularly) as they start getting home from work and it's a slightly different topic. I.e. you might not venture into that thread.

Comment

Having this morning revealed that it will not be stocking key Q1 release Mass Effect 3, GAME's share price has plunged 15 per cent. - MCV/DEVELOP

Share price drops. Gamestop rumoured to be waiting in the wings to buy them out.

Comment

Same as from the GAME on the ropes thread

Edge posted the letter sent to Game. First page of this thread is a very Grim read. Sims, Fifa Street, and Mass Effect!

The latest video game news, reviews and features from the team at Edge Magazine. Subscribe here today.

Comment

ME3 is definitely going to be the biggest hurter for GAME, I guess SFxT will be getting their support now. I'm even more glad that the N7 edition of ME3 isn't worth buying

Comment

So I just got off the phone with Amazon and due to the problems when the price was at ?55.85 for the 360 and it wouldn't let me checkout. Very nice guy ended up honoring the price for me (and gave me an additional ?3 off as well for keeping me on hold for so long while he checked.

Full props to Amazon. Going to cancel my ShopTo pre-order now.

Comment

Working...
                                X